Question about FSH testing and cycle days?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
Hope someone knows more about this than me...

I had my FSH tested back in 2010, on CD5 of a 24 day cycle, and it and came back as elevated for my age (just under 10 and I was 33yo at the time)
I still responded well to clomid and produced 2-3 follicles on 50mg, and fell pregnant successfully.

I'm due to have them retaken again as part of my baseline work up for FS referral, but have since read that they should be taken on cd1-3? Bit confused now, what day would give me the most accurate reading?

Does this mean I might not have elevated FSH at all?

:flower:

This is my fav little hormone chart: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Follicle-stimulating_hormone_(FSH)_during_menstrual_cycle.png
At day 5 you do get a bit of a crest so it's well known that day 3 is the day to test. Not sure why your doc would tell you to go on day 5. Either way I find the fish test VERY unreliable. I had 16 my first test and a month later 6.5 (after getting on some serious supplements).
They don't do AMH tests in Canada otherwise I'd have got one first thing. It measures the hormone coming from your live eggs, can be measured at anytime of the month and on second & third tests will remain similar in value.
The ultrasound was what told me I have very few eggs left, less than 10% chance of conceiving. So I'm working hard to treat my body kindly & BD at the right time like crazy!

Glad to hear that chlomid worked for you and that you're half way there :dust:

Thank you for that info Hun, I will try to time my u/s so a follicle count can be performed. What would be the best day for that? Ive been referred for one but need I book the appt myself, they didn't say what day tho! :dohh:
I'll try to get the amh done on my cd3 bloods as well.
Sorry to hear you haven't had great news. Recent clomid can mess with results tho so maybe it's better than you think? I think you still have a good chance of conceiving, will be keeping everything crossed for you xx

Hi Dan-0 any day is a good day for natural follicle count. Maybe you can see an actual developing follicle if you go before ovulation? I'm wishing you lots of healthy antrals and some bfp answers from your clinic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->