question about lumps!

GeneralLilac

Reaction score
Hiya! We started to wean our son at five months as he was showing signs and seemed super hungry! We did baby rice for two days, mainly to make sure he was ready, and have moved onto other things. My question is:

is it ok to skip purees and go straight onto mashed/lumpy textures? We're doing TW but have been mashing not using purees. I'm wondering if jumping straight into these textures before six months has any negative effects on his digestive system? He loves mooshy avocado :haha:

We started straight into solids at 5.5 months. As long as they can sit up in high. Look into baby led weaning. Our first foods were pancake porridge chicken egg carrot pineapple

Thank you! To be honest my gut leads towards BLW but my partner wants to do TW. I know they can't really be "combined" but I think we could reach a compromise!

So would it be ok to offer my son a few carrot sticks? Should they be cooked?

Also, pancakes! Brilliant! :)

At rhos stage they should be introduced to solids what ever way you go. Some people do both. My lo won't let me spoon fed now lol so I hand her the spoon. She now can fed herself bottle. It's great for eye hand coordination.
Cook the carrot but not to soft so it is just sucked. More for you than baby. I gave chicken at start a bit came off in moutg that waa to big so I took it out. Spoke to other mothers. They said leave it and watch. Next time I watched it was parsnip so it was softer I felt ok to watch. She moved it about her mouth and spat it out. I'm still learning what to give and how to cook it. Toast etc they suck. My lo gets buts off. Loves peanut butter spread and banana in toast.

Thank you! We'll slowly start to introduce some soft finger foods. I am trying to be excited and not anxious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->