question about movement?

RainbowBaby13

Reaction score
hey ladies just popping over from the second trimester. I am 22 weeks and will be 23 weeks tomorrow. I have been feeling less movement after 20 weeks after I had my cerclage placed in. My baby is completely healthy and the heartbeat is nice and strong but my question is has anyone else experienced a decrease in movement from 20-24 weeks or so? ive been reading a lot and people say it can be caused by growth spurts? ive been on bedrest since my surgery and will be until baby is born and have anterior placenta. I have appointments every 2 weeks and considered high risk. so I know baby is fine, just had an appointment not to long ago just want to know if anyone has experienced the same thing and when did u start to notice an increase in movement again. thanks ladies :flower:

I've got an anterior placenta and I didn't feel much movement at 23 weeks, I think they say to start watching your baby's moments from week 28, but if you are worried just give your midwife a quick call she will be very happy to advise you I'm sure :)

thank you! im not worried , just wanted to see others experiences. I have a Doppler and listen to babys heartbeat all the time :) and after I posted he started moving lol

my baby has always been active she never slowed down she has had the odd quieter day but the next daywould go mad again even now shes a constant wiggler
if your worried ask your midwife

It's still too early to be worried as your baby is still small enough to wiggle around and move in ways you can't always feel.
The only thing I'd say is please do not rely on your doppler for reassurance about your baby's health.
I'm all for dopplers until you feel movement. I've lost six pregnancies so I had one myself for reassurance.
However, if say at 32 weeks your baby isn't moving as normal but you think everything is ok because you can hear the heartbeat that's not good. You should still get checked out! You don't want to be getting help only when it is too late and the heart is already in trouble/has stopped.

Sorry for the lecture but I find it such a serious topic. For now, I'm glad you are not worried as it is still early and I wish you all the best for the remainder of your bed rest :hugs:

petipas is spot on dont rely on a doppler its movements that show baby is all good in there so if they change or your worried go by that but yes you are still early for regular pattern movements yet

I think I might have gave the impression that im worried or that my baby doesn't move. he moves all the time, hes completely healthy and I keep up with my doctors all the time. I use my Doppler because I love hearing my baby's heart beat not as a diagnosis. my babys fine just wanted to know the pattern of your babies movement and was just asking about peoples experiences in general, wasn't asking to compare anyone's movements to my own. just a question .. thanks everyone xx

Aw, baby's heartbeat is very special :cloud9:

I hope we didn't scare you out of 3rd tri. We are so boring talking almost only about labour and movement. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->