Question about NTNP

Viridian Soul

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I belong in this subgroup, just for personal reference.

Do y'all think that using the withdrawal method *EVERY TIME* along with NFP/FAM means that I'm NTNP?

I've had some people say that withdrawal method is utterly useless and I may as well say I'm NTNP anyways.

It's been working for more than a year now, and I was a tad offended that people looked at us as being irresponsible because we use withdrawal...as though it's a guarantee that we're going to get me pregnant.

I'd love to hear opinions on the matter.

Welcome to the NTNP side! Well my DH and I don't use any sort of protection, no withdrawal, NFP, condoms, etc. We bd when the mood strikes without tracking O and if we get pg, then we do. That's what we consider NTNP. Are you using withdrawal with the intent to prevent or is it like, "Eh, whatever happens happens?"

Welcome to the NTNP side! Well my DH and I don't use any sort of protection, no withdrawal, NFP, condoms, etc. We bd when the mood strikes without tracking O and if we get pg, then we do. That's what we consider NTNP. Are you using withdrawal with the intent to prevent or is it like, "Eh, whatever happens happens?"

It's with intent to prevent, of course. The only reason I asked is because I was curious about people's feelings regarding the effectiveness of withdrawal method.

I seriously wish we were NTNP. I'm quite fertile, and I know that if we were doing NTNP actively, I'd be pregnant in no time flat! I'm absolutely burning up with baby fever! lol Unfortunately, right now the finances aren't quite ideal, so we've been putting procreation off. :(

I thought they recently came out with a study that had the pull out method as approximately the same effectiveness at birth control as condom use. Like with ideal use (every time, no exceptions, etc) then it's pretty darn effective, but with actual use it is a little less effective (I forget the percentage but probably something like 70%) so it's not an ideal if you wanna make sure you aren't going to be pregnant, but it's also not like "hell I am throwing caution to the wind and not using anything" so it's silly that people are thinking you're irresponsible.

I would argue that pull out method is probably a better suited method of natural birth control than NFP, Timing etc.

I'm sorry you can't ntnp, but it sounds like you're being very responsible. Good for you! I would say you aren't ntnp and if people say that, it's just their opinion. Try to just brush it off :)

I read that unless your OH ejaculated and then didn't have a pee, and THEN you used the withdrawal method was the only way you could get pregnant. However, I am not sure, just going by what I have read. XXX

I thought they recently came out with a study that had the pull out method as approximately the same effectiveness at birth control as condom use. Like with ideal use (every time, no exceptions, etc) then it's pretty darn effective, but with actual use it is a little less effective (I forget the percentage but probably something like 70%) so it's not an ideal if you wanna make sure you aren't going to be pregnant, but it's also not like "hell I am throwing caution to the wind and not using anything" so it's silly that people are thinking you're irresponsible.

I would argue that pull out method is probably a better suited method of natural birth control than NFP, Timing etc.

This is what I read as well. The sad thing is that so many people just go off what they're told and don't bother to research anything whatsoever. There are a lot of misconceptions out there regarding withdrawal method...and it's true that this is only for two people in a deeply committed relationship, deep trust, and with a man that knows his body very well.

I'd hazard a bet that the majority of the time when people say they got pregnant ON withdrawal method, it's because he DIDN'T withdraw in time, not because of the method itself! That's not withdrawal at all, that's just a oops!

I'm sorry you can't ntnp, but it sounds like you're being very responsible. Good for you! I would say you aren't ntnp and if people say that, it's just their opinion. Try to just brush it off :)

Thanks, I do try! It's just immensely frustrating sometimes.

I read that unless your OH ejaculated and then didn't have a pee, and THEN you used the withdrawal method was the only way you could get pregnant. However, I am not sure, just going by what I have read. XXX

...I multiquoted but for some reason this one didn't show up. Sorry!

Anyways, this is what I read as well. Here's a summary from the National Center for Biotechnology Information regarding several studies done on HIV. They were surprised to find that in most cases, no sperm were found in pre-ejaculate, and the little that they did find seemed to be immobile. Immobile sperm mean that they can't swim up to the egg and fertilize it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12286905

So yeah, I feel pretty safe altogether.

I would think that the male reproductive tract is pretty well designed to get the sperm out of it and into a lady (lol) and any stragglers that are left behind aren't going to get you pregnant and if they do you are one very very lucky person (bad luck or good luck depending how you're feeling).

I also feel like a lot of the pregnancy rate statistics and safe sex and prevention kinda information is mostly aimed at teens and trying to stop teen pregnancy rates from going up so they'll tell them that pull out method isn't reliable at all so that they go for something a little more foolproof (and truth be told, likely for teen guys the pull out method isn't the best choice).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->