Question about ovulation

proudparent88

Reaction score
So I have been blessed to be able to have kids two of which were conceived through some form of birth control but I have never had regular cycles especially after two instances of my periods stopping for no reason at all (doctors didn't do any tests though to see why either) so they put me on medication to get them started back up. Without using a test how do you know when you are ovulating? I even thought the app on my phone would help me to know this and still got pregnant! I am just really confused about this because I just don't understand it. I as a high school student was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome I was getting cysts and they were causing problems but they didn't do anything to help me and after three years of trying to get pregnant with my first I gave up thinking it would never happen and started using protection don't know why but I just did. Well it was through a broken condom after three years of trying my son Alex was conceived. my second was planned and we tried for three months before anything happened and found out Tommy was on his way. This time I was on the BCP and conceived (first conception is when I found out I was allergic to condoms) with our baby Zachary who is due May 29th. So how do I know when I ovulate? I am just lost! I feel like I don't know my body or anything it's actually embarrassing....:blush:

Why does it matter if you're pregnant right now? You're just one of those women who when you stop stressing and trying get pregnant! I wish I could stop stressing!
Personally, I use OPK, temp and really know my body well. I get nausea and cramps before ovulation.
Some women use their CM as an indicator.
Don't feel ashamed. I wish I didn't know any of this stuff and it just came easily.
If you have PCOS, it might be harder to track ovulation. Someone with it might be able to answer better than myself.

Well I was wandering because was thinking about not getting the tubal if I could figure out how to make sure I don't get pregnant again I mean long down the line I might want to but right now I am just trying to know how to tell. It matters because even though I was trying not to get pregnant this time and used even an app I still got pregnant so I am just lost with my body. I feel like I am just so stupid for not understanding it. :blush::shrug:

I have pcos, it's quite bad for me though, I can go 127 days between cycles, and unless you really hone in on your body and not every little niggle or Ach you have for a few cycles it's almost impossible to know what stage you're at in your cycle.usually these apps are set to between 26 and 34 day regular as clockwork cycles. And even then it all depends on whether you ovulate early or late or bang on time as set by some idiot doctor who declared that every woman ovulated on cycle day 14. This is not the case for me. On a good cycle I ovulate and day from cycle day 16 through to day 28.

I am sorry but it's really is better to track your cycle with ovulation tests or temperature monitoring. And using a chart like fertility friend has on line to track it and it'll pinpoint ovulation for you.

I know how frustrating it can be to bed totally detached from your body because I've been there. But you can work round that in other ways. Xx

I have pcos, it's quite bad for me though, I can go 127 days between cycles, and unless you really hone in on your body and not every little niggle or Ach you have for a few cycles it's almost impossible to know what stage you're at in your cycle.usually these apps are set to between 26 and 34 day regular as clockwork cycles. And even then it all depends on whether you ovulate early or late or bang on time as set by some idiot doctor who declared that every woman ovulated on cycle day 14. This is not the case for me. On a good cycle I ovulate and day from cycle day 16 through to day 28.

I am sorry but it's really is better to track your cycle with ovulation tests or temperature monitoring. And using a chart like fertility friend has on line to track it and it'll pinpoint ovulation for you.

I know how frustrating it can be to bed totally detached from your body because I've been there. But you can work round that in other ways. Xx

It is very frustrating. I have had three different instances where my periods stopped coming all together which is when they then diagnosed the PCOS. I was totally bummed out because when they put me on meds to start my periods again they were so heavy and so painful! That was my senior year of high school and I was afraid I was pregnant but after over a year of no periods I knew that wasn't the case and I had been back and forth to my doctors a lot of times over it and kept getting no answers so I changed and got an answer all in two appointments as an ultrasound was preformed. It explained a lot of the pain I had too especially when I wasn't getting periods and things like that. Then the second time was after my first son was born and again went over a year as they said it could just be my body regulating and after a year they again put me back on medication to start them up. The third time was after my second son was born and it was the same ordeal all over again only that time they prescribed the birth control pill but my periods were still all over the place and they didn't know what else they could do to try and regulate me. After a brief stay in the hospital for a psychiatric admission I was prescribed a medication for bipolar which I knew would mess up my BCP so I called planned parenthood about the Mirena as my insurance didn't cover it they wanted 250 dollars for the device itself and then almost 50 to insert it something I could not afford so I called and made a pre-op appointment for a tubal two weeks prior to that I found out I was pregnant totally shocked as I didn't have any symptoms other than no period and had even had a dozen or more BFN home pregnancy tests. :shrug: Yea I knew I shouldn't have banked on negative tests as with my first pregnancy it didn't show up in blood or urine until I was 12+1 and even then it said I was only 6-8. :dohh: But I guess for me the only option is a tubal...but I will have three beautiful baby boys all together as my oldest and youngest are babies in my eyes but not really anymore as Alex will be five and Tommy will be three. The only baby baby I will have is Zachary who is due May 29th. :happydance::cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->