Question about sex and babies born close together

honeybee2

Reaction score
I was just wondering- now please don't think I'm suggesting there is anything wrong with what I'm saying, just kinda in awe!

I've been reading about ladies who get pregnant during their first ovulation since giving birth. :coffee:

I just remember how I felt after having Lou, I didn't even consider wanting sex until I was around 7 months.

How on earth do you ladies do it? :wacko::wacko:

I went to Walmart shopping the day after I gave birth to my first and the next four were even easier. I was never sore, never overly tired and um well you know it just happened. lol.

I went to Walmart shopping the day after I gave birth to my first and the next four were even easier. I was never sore, never overly tired and um well you know it just happened. lol.

You're like a super woman :thumbup::kiss:

Well, people joke that I am like a broodmare lol. I had easy pregnancies, incredibly fast births (one was 7 minutes and I barely made it to the hospital) until the last when I was sick the entire pregnancies but he also was an easy birth.

That said, I am sure the extremely fast deliveries contributed heavily to my feeling good and healing. I totally understand that women who have longer labors and harder deliveries are exhausted and start off in the hole with fatigue and pain. My longest labor was 45 minutes.

I just like having sex with my husband, what can I say?! :winkwink:

But my second was conceived the second time I ovulated after giving birth, not sure if I count in this? They're 15 months apart.

The baby we were are expecting was conceived in my first cycle I ovulated after I gave birth when my dd was 5 months. I had a third degree tear and ripped cervix but I can honestly say that by 8 weeks after I felt back to normal and sex really wasn't that bad. With my first we waited months after as I was so scared and the anxiety just kept building and made it even worse and it became a huge deal. So this time I just wanted to get back to normal asap.

A lot of people struggle with the fact we actively ttc this baby and we are constantly on the receiving end of rude comments, to be honest sometimes it annoys me as surely it's up to the couple and we shouldn't need to explain why we chose such a close age gap. We work hard, pay for our own children and can afford more so I don't see why it's such a big deal. For us it was the low egg count that really made us think if we want this to happen again then we can't hang around, fertility consultant gave us the green light and obviously we were extremely lucky as now I'm 22 weeks.

I'm amazed by moms who do this as well. After I had my daughter, the last thing on earth I wanted to do was immediately get pregnant again.
And I had a relatively smooth pregnancy too. I originally wanted the ever popular two year age gap for my kids but when that time came around I Still wasn't ready to be pregnant again and was so busy with my daughter. Pretty much right when I decided I was ready to go through pregnancy again we started TTC. Assuming this pregnancy ends in a baby, my kids will be three years and two months apart.

First ovulation can be anything from a couple of weeks to a year or more after giving birth though! By the time you ovulate, you've obviously stopped bleeding and unless you had a very difficult birth, everything else will most likely be healed as well. So I don't find it that surprising that people want sex again. :shrug: To actively ttc is different though, I couldn't imagine planning another pregnancy so soon. But I think having kids that close would be awesome later!

Respect ladies.
Respect.

Maybe I just don't like having sex with mine :haha:

I found out I was pregnant with ds2 when ds1 was only 10 weeks old. :/
It was the from the first time of dtd after ds1 was born and only 1 af!
There's a year and 3 days between my boys.... Irish twins as they're known Lol
Wouldn't have had it any other way although it definitely wasn't planned!
There is only 11 months between me and my brother, we are the same age as each other for one month in a year.

I was in alot of pain and had stitches so straight after id never have imagined having a small gap. Then i got irrationally broody very quickly and when i was all fine at my 6 week check i thought i better have sex to see if my body would even manage haha. Then at 10 weeks i was pregnant. I do look back and think i was crazy though, bloody hormones!!

I had a 4th degree tear with my first thanks to an ass of an OB. I'd left my "sperm donor" at 3 months pregnant, so I was single after my daughter's birth... Which was just as well, because I couldn't have imagined doing anything with my lady bits for a very long time. There were so many sites and so much pain. I was single and celibate for well over 3 years, as a matter of fact. I feel like every bit of that time was necessary to heal. Not fun!

With my second daughter I had a wonderful midwife and a loving partner. DD2 was over a pound larger than her sister, but came out without causing a single tear. It was great. Father's Day was about 2 weeks after she was born... and we DTD to celebrate. It wasn't bad at all. I was tender from the extra blood flow (not bleeding-- just the blood rushing to that area), but there was no serious pain. My lady bits bounced back quickly that time. LOL. Thankfully, we didn't get pregnant again. In fact, there are 8 years between my second and this baby. We were in no rush, apparently. :p

Hi! So my son and daughter are 19 months apart, so we didn't wait too long to do the deed again. But now my daughter is 8 months and we have YET to do it! We talk about it all the time but every time we try to go for it, something happens. We get called into work, the kids wake up or come in our room! Has this happened to anyone else with multiples?!

Since we are being blunt here, with my first I had a 4th degree tear (all the way through and up) BUT they never told me that so by 2-3 weeks I was back in the saddle so to speak BUT when I went to my 6 week check up and they told me about it I about fainted. If I had known I wouldn't have been doing a thing until 6 weeks.

HoneyBee I think it is also very normal for women to have almost zero to an aversion to sex following childbirth due to hormones, fatigue and birth trauma to your lady parts and a general fear of the "first time" hurting. Several of my friends have gone through it and many didn't even pretend to be willing to try until 6 months and some had almost no interest for a year. It's a lot to do with your hormones excabberated by the fatigue of mothering a baby.

I'm with you honeybee. We didn't have sex for about 5 or 6 months after my son was born. It wasn't a fear of anything - I was just exhausted and it was the last thing I felt like doing! That extra bit of sleep was far more appealing!! Most of my friends felt the same way too.

I was pregnant when my first was 14 weeks old! They're 12.5 months apart

conceived my little one when my other little one was 4 months, i was ready to be intimate about a week after having ds, its never "put me off" in fact i get rather frisky after, seem more sensitive, probably from all the love hormones rushing around. :)

I had a very easy pregnancy and a very smooth & quick delivery. An hour after delivery I had a shower, then breakfast, and then we took her home. We then took her to our baby's birth class & the next day out for coffee. I had all these packages of pads that are 10 miles long and disposable pad underwear and only bled a little for a week. Two weeks after I could have gone again but on doctors advice they said to wait 6 weeks before exercising, swimming or BD.

Only 2 weeks we had DD I was teary-eyed knowing we'd never get those amazing beautiful 2 weeks back and already was determined to try for more. At 3 months after delivery I got a blaring red OPK without AF and we started trying again.

It took us 6 years to get lucky with DD and I wasn't about to wait another 6 years so I did ivf when DD was 8 months old and we now have twins on the way. At 3 months after delivery though I got my full libido back. I think what helped is my DH was home to help me with baby. He's very positive and I felt great as I was able to take care of me and get back into the gym. Had I not had his support I'd probably be tired & cranky and not want for much of anything but sleep. xx

My DD and DS are 10 months apart BUT DS was 7 weeks early. DD was 3 months old when I found out I was pregnant and 10 months old when I had DS. Both were happy accident babies. (Was on the pill when we conceived DS)
They are the same age for 2 months.
I was scared of how close they were at first but really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->