Question about soy isoflavones, just want to make sure I got the right stuff!

amommy

^Madelynn^'s Mommy
Reaction score
I bought it at Fred Meyer (local store in the northwest) and it is made by Natures way, on the front it says soy iso flavones standardized,

Ingredients
red clover 140 mg
non-GMO soy isoflavone extract (bean) 40% 100 mg

Does this mean it is 100 mg, or 40% of 100 which would be 40? I am wanting to take it day 2-7 and want to take the correct dose.. Please help.. Thank you!

amommy, I don't know that I would take it with the red clover in it; the only added ingredient that would be ok is vitamin D bc soy makes vitamin D absorption more difficult.

I've heard you can get Soy Isoflavins at Walmart under the Spring hill brand. That is what lots of ladies have said on the Soy threads..

yes but my question was more importantly the amount of mg this supplement provided.. If each tablet is 100 mg but 40% soy isoflavones, does that many 40 mg of the soy isoflavones? I am asking to make sure I am taking enough!! Thanks!

Here's my stupid question, lol. How many mgs are the pills in total? Including all ingredients.

yes but my question was more importantly the amount of mg this supplement provided.. If each tablet is 100 mg but 40% soy isoflavones, does that many 40 mg of the soy isoflavones? I am asking to make sure I am taking enough!! Thanks!

40 mg is the amount of Isoflavins and you need to check the per serving. Is it 2 or 1 tablet. I don't know about the Red clover either.

the serving is 1 tab and its 100 mg tabs! its ok no big deal i can go to walmart and get the other brand, just was asking if the 40% was what i go by to determine the amount of soy iso i would be getting or the total 100mg dosage!

I've taken soy for 2 cycles and mine were 50mg per tablet. I took 100mg from day 3-7 and the second time i took 200mg from day 1 -5 what you need to ask yourself before you go ahead and take it is 'do you need to take it'? It completely messed up my cycles. I took it for early ovulation because my cycle was 28 day but ovulated later. It also made me put on weight because since i've stopped i've lost 7lbs and it made me very consipated with mega tummy cramps. I didn't think all these symptoms were related to the soy but it was. Good luck anyway and i hope you get your BFP soon

I'm sorry you had such bad side effects from the soy.. I am not sure if I have had any bad symptoms yet, so far none.. But I know its early in my cycle..

I tend to be on the side of diahrea with IBS so constipating might be refreshing..
I gain weight just by looking at food, not sure if the soy will make it worse..

I'm glad you lost some of the weight that you put on!

I am willing to try this before taking femara! Need it? NO, Want to take it? yea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->