Question about stretchmarks!

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone had reasonably bad stretchies after having their bubba but are now able to wear a bikini because they have faded so much? I just want some hope that when i get to my goal weight that i will be able to wear all my gorgeous bikini's again. I have stretch marks on the tops of my thighs and my hips

I'll probably never wear a bikini again but I can say my stretchies are finally starting to fade now that I'm losing the weight. But they are silvery white so still visible. I'm sure they'd be hardly noticeable if I could manage to tan over them but I'm a redhead so that isn't happening. :lol:

Hi babyfromgod,

Unfortunately no workout will help the actual stretchies. I've lost all my baby weight and I'm quite fit/athletic looking but still have the loose skin/stretches. They are there for life. They are pale, but still there. Whether or not you want to wear a bikini is totally personal.

I think, if it wasn't for the saggy skin over the belly button, I still would. I would also consider a cutout bikini

Ack, no, afraid not! Not for me anyway, my stretches have all faded now but you can still see them and they are noticeable even if they are not longer bright red/purple - i wouldn't be able to wear a bikini even if i had a gorgeous thin, toned stomach! Lol. but i think it's about personal choice and what you feel best with! x

I put 2 stone on with my LO & had a lot of stretchies & thought my bikini wearing days were over but so far I've lost 17lbs (9lbs to go) and my stretchies have faded but they are still there & my stomach has got flatter but not flat & I was shopping for tankinis & I couldnt find any anywhere & the ones I did find were horrible yet they had all these gorgeous bikinis & I thought 'Why am I spiting myself & not buying these beautiful frilly girly bikinis just because I'm worried what people will think??'
I'm going away with my sister who has 2 kids & stretchies, my hubby & my BIL & I thought you know what, Everyone else I'm never going to see again so why the hell am i bothered what they think x So I'm braving it & only taking bikinis x
As long as I'm happy then who cares what some random people think x There are a lot worse sights out there trust me x

Mine had faded ALOT tbh i feel i could wear one again, but still got 35lb to loose im happy enough with them now.

stay positive! :)

I never wore one before i even had my daughter and thinking back to it my tummy was pretty flat and had no stretchies.. no way in hell would i wear one now lol i look like i have been scratched up from freddy.. If you have the confidence to wear one good on you :)

Mine have faded and they still look pretty bad.

Thanks for all the replies. I will see how i feel when i get to my goal weight and get a spray tan lol. I'm going to start putting cocoa butter on my stretchies to help smoothe them out a bit.

try bio oil that helped mine a little not much but it still helped.
a tan always makes it look better.
But i totally agree with reedy! your never gunna see anyone on holiday again! and shes right there are worse sights, like the huge huge huge ladies that were a thong and thats it on the beach! dont worry! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->