Question about ttc with PCOS, after a loss?

Criosaidh

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's probably really early to be asking this, but...

I deeply suspect my MMC was due to hormone deficiency. I never had morning sickness which I understand is caused by progesterone. So if i can have testing done on my angel to rule out chromosomal issues, I will have to assume this was as a result of my thyroid/PCOS.

My question is, what can I do to boost my progesterone production next time I ttc? I've so far heard of metformin and clomid, is anyone else trying this?

Thanks

Crio

X x X

First off sorry for you loss :hugs:

my progesterone levels were HORRID after my two MC... after the second one happened my doctor has prescribed me prometrium (progesterone) and I am to take that the minute I see a :bfp: and will most likely be on that for the first 14 weeks....

however, right now- as soon as I see myself O- I start on natural progesterone cream- and take that for the 14 days after ovulation--- this way IF I am- at least I am getting more then I produce

WISH you LUCK :dust:

Hey there - I had a mc at 7-8 weeks last December - I have suffered from pcos for years and was on met for years - when I was ttcing last year I went to the doctor incase there were any worries about the pcos and they took me off Met as it isn't licensed for pg - I got pg then mc - I went to a consultant after my mc and he put me back on Met and said if I was to get pg then to stay on till 16 weeks.

The met helps your body with insulin resistance that pcos'ers are prone to - when the body produces too much insulin it can knock your other hormones out of whack and cause you to produce excess testosterone.

I still ov'd naturally so did not need clomid - clomid aids ov if you aren't doing so naturally.

I also took prenatal vits and vit b 100 complex.

I am now at 31 weeks ( I got my bfp on cycle 5 after my mc ) - so take heart that pcos does not mean that you will def mc next time - it does increase our chances but you still have a good chance of conceiving and carrying your baby to term - even if right now it doesn't feel like it :hugs:

There are a lot of pcos'ers on the LTTTC forum and there is a forum = a completely seperate website - called "soulcycsters" which is pcos dedicated and ladies on there have a lot of advice - there are ladies who have mild pcos through to those with v severe pcos and they are always willing to help like all the ladies on here.

Hope you get your sticky bfp soon :dust:

hx

My doctor prescribed progesterone suppositories for me to take immediately after a bfp. I have been having anovulatory cycles sine my m/c in may, so my doctor is starting me on clomid for the next cycle. We are also considering starting metaformin but are going to try a few with clomid first.

sorry for your loss hon

not sure if it'll help but I have pcos and was taking clomid when I fell with my 2nd bfp - unfortunately I still mmc at exactly the same stage to the day so although the clomid helped me get bfp it was the same end result :(

may be worth asking what tests you can have to check your hormone levels when your body has settled down

big hugs and fingers crossed you'll get some answers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->