Question About Wind

Jemima

Mother of One
Reaction score
I know wind can wake babies up and keep them awake but...

When I feed Pops at night, she often has wind at the end of the feed (I can hear it gurgling around in her tum) but I find it really difficult to get her to burp without completely waking her up. So, sometimes I put her back down without her having burped.

So my question is, will this wind wake her up later on or does it just disperse into her body as the time passes? In other words, would it be better for me to risk waking her up by winding her to save her waking me up later?

I have the same problem at the last feed before bed sometimes... She is hard to wake up so I just try and keep her upright and burp her a bit... its not a big deal since she sleeps through now.. but before it would effect how she slept after the middle of the night feed.

When I used to feed her in the middle of the night, I wouldn't burp her unless I thought she drank to fast or something. And she was fine

Funnily enough I have this problem with Poppy :laugh2:and last night it was especially bad as like you say, I could hear it in her tummy but she was flat out after her feeds and I didn't want to wake her. I usually pop her over my shoulder and walk around the room with her as she stays asleep then and seems to like the rubbing of her back, but it doesn't always make her burp.

Quite often I just put her down and if she stays asleep for at least 10 mins I know she's asleep but if she wriggles around and generally doesn't seem settled I pick her up and more often than not she lets out a belch. I then have to give her another little 'suckle' and she is back off again. Sometime she just doesn't burp at all but then she'll be trumping later on so it must come out one way or the other eventually! At least the hiccups after every feed have stopped now!!

I have the same problem at the last feed before bed sometimes... She is hard to wake up so I just try and keep her upright and burp her a bit... its not a big deal since she sleeps through now.. but before it would effect how she slept after the middle of the night feed.

Yes, why do the burps always seem to be difficult to obtain in the middle of the night!

Funnily enough I have this problem with Poppy :laugh2:and last night it was especially bad as like you say, I could hear it in her tummy but she was flat out after her feeds and I didn't want to wake her. I usually pop her over my shoulder and walk around the room with her as she stays asleep then and seems to like the rubbing of her back, but it doesn't always make her burp.

Quite often I just put her down and if she stays asleep for at least 10 mins I know she's asleep but if she wriggles around and generally doesn't seem settled I pick her up and more often than not she lets out a belch. I then have to give her another little 'suckle' and she is back off again. Sometime she just doesn't burp at all but then she'll be trumping later on so it must come out one way or the other eventually! At least the hiccups after every feed have stopped now!!

Another Poppy problem, eh?! The over the shoulder one works for us during the day but for some reason at night the wind seems stuck way down in the depths of her belly and there's just no getting those burps out! I have started giving her Infacol at night so that might start to help a bit over the next few days.

Olivia is the same.......but I seem to find now that if she falls asleep, either the wind will come out as a trump, or she will burp when she's still pretty much fast asleep.
I don't rub or pat her back, just put her upright, and it generally finds it's way up. If she doesn't burp after 5 mins or so, it's safe to put her down & I know it won't wake her.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->