Question-Anyone know how to Knit?

akamummy

Reaction score
Im not sure where this should go...please move if in the wrong place!:dance:

I was wondering, I cant knit and I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be willing (or know someone who is willing) to knit me some booties and a hat for my bubby! Im in australia, but would be willing to pay for them...If there is someone in Australia who can knit... I could provide the wool (acrylic or whatever)...I just need someone to knit it into something! :lol: :shy: I found the perfect wool to use so soft and pastel! So Im happy to send the wool needed etc...

I love hand knitted booties on newborn babies! Im having a little boy, and Im due in summer (Dec)...but I think little babies with a short sleeved all-in-one and booties look sooooooo cute!!!!!!

Can anyone help? I dont know anyone who can knit so thats why I thought of putting it accross to you out there! :hugs::hugs:

learn! its reaalllly easy!

Sorry cant help. I got my Nan to knit for me....as i can do it but it takes me forever!! lol and it would prob come out with 1 arm longer etc etc lol. But got me nan to and so far she has knitted HEAPS! lol....Have you no older realitives that can do it..:) XxX

I can knit but i'm in the UK so a lil too far away and tbh i really don't have time i'm still halfway through a hat for my bubba and i haven't had a chance to finish it.

I can only suggest trying to find some old dear who lives near you and just asking outright.

My fingers are crossed for you and hope you find someone. Or you could try to learn there are a few sites online that show you the principles or maybe see if you tube has any vids.

Have you heard of Etsy? It is a great site where people can buy and sell handmade things and you can even ask people to custom make things for you.

I found a few knitted hats and booties like this one
https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_17&listing_id=14495836
but if you search around a bit you might even find someone close to you in Australia who can make them for you out of the yarn you picked.

: )

Aww cute :) I have been knitting baby things for the past couple weeks with a friend of mine :D have not made any booties but do have some patterns printed...they are cute! I am a bit far being in USA so not much help to you :hugs: sorry! Hope you find someone though!! Or you can perhaps learn yourself? It is lots of fun :p

thanks girls soo much..i dont have time to learn myself as I have a toddler and dont even get to shave under my arms when i take a shower! But I will keep looking and asking around here...I dont have reletives who knitt as we have all come from hot climates...I will keep my lil eyes open though! Thanks very much Shri!

I can knit you a hat, not sure if I can do booties but I'll have a go!

Go find your local craft or knitting store and ask there. You might find a class you could join to learn yourself, or you might get connected with a knitter who would love to knit some baby things. They are quick to knit up and very satisfying, so I doubt you'll have any trouble!
Good luck!:)

Ha ha ha awsome!! My gran has made me hats and botties and mitts and cardigans :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->