Question for 2nd time mama's with 2 under 2!

ajlj1126

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant last Wednesday, which was such a huge shock to my husband and I since I have been on BC since my LO was 6 weeks old. I have never, ever missed a single pill! I have an alarm on my phone that reminds me to take it every night, and I know for a fact I never missed one. The same thing happened to me when I fell pregnant with my 1st one.
Anyway, my real question here is since this second one is such a surprise, my DH and I were planning on waiting until our DD was at least a year and a half, but she is only 8 months old. I'm terrified and sort of upset that I will have two babies so close together.. I'm truly overwhelmed at the thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy, but just really scared.

I know there's other mamas out there who have had or are having two babies close together, can you please just give me advice? I don't have a mother figure in my life so I just need someone to tell me I'll be okay! :haha:

You will be fine !!!!
Just make sure you go out everyday and get a good double buggy !!!!!
I have had twice 2 under 2 ( as I had 3 under 3 until last month )
It's fun be organized and go out is the easiest way to get through the tough bits !

My first two are 17 months apart and honestly, for me it's worked out to be quite the perfect span. They were great playmates once ds hit about a year old and was more mobile. Because developmentally they were so close they enjoyed most of the same activities, toys and foods at the same times which made keeping the both of them happy day to day a breeze.

They're just a year apart in school now and still do many of the same things, share the same friends and their extracurricular activities are on the same schedules. I wouldn't have it any other way! :thumbup:

Ours will be 22 months apart and I still find that scary, even though it will only just be 2 under 2! It is overwhelming but it will be lovely for them to play and grow up together close in age.

Our's will be 15 months apart, however, that was "planned" - as we were trying. I'm excited to have them so close in age - hoping they'll be the best of friends. Only a year apart in school...I've actually heard it's easier once they get a tad bit older because they entertain each other. You can do it MAMA!

Also - looks like our #1's are only a few days apart....FUN!!

Thank you all! I am slowly starting to feel less and less overwhelmed by it all! :hugs::hugs:

My first two are 16 month apart and these two will be 15 months apart, which means I'll have three kids 2 and 1/2 and younger!

Honestly the first couple month are pretty rough, but once my DS learned how to sit up, he was very happy just watching DD run around, and now that he can crawl, they love to interact with each other. So all around, the good times outweigh the bad and I would never do it any other way. :flower:

It isn't as bad as we think it will be when we are pregnant. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->