Question for ladies on blood thinners

maryanne1987

Reaction score
So I'm currently on two fragmin injections a day and 75mg of asprin as I have issues with my blood clotting. It was only discovered early in this pregnancy and have been told it's highly likely that it played a part in my losses so they started treatment straight away. It's all new to me though and it has me wondering what will happen when it comes to giving birth? Does it mean induction? Im seeing my consultant Friday but I'm too impatient to just wait for answers till then.

I'm taking 75mg asprin and 1 clexane injection a day. I'm having twins so I'll be induced at 37 weeks if I haven't gone naturally before then but i don't think the blood thinners alone would mean induction. It's rubbish injecting everyday, i cant imagine having to do it twice! X

I'm taking 75mg asprin and 1 clexane injection a day. I'm having twins so I'll be induced at 37 weeks if I haven't gone naturally before then but i don't think the blood thinners alone would mean induction. It's rubbish injecting everyday, i cant imagine having to do it twice! X

Thank you! I know it's worth it to keep baby or babies in your case safe but it does suck. I'm really hoping to avoid induction. Do you bruise badly in the injection sites? I look like ive been beaten up at the moment. Have a scan Friday and I'm dreading showing them my belly.

I have 75mg of asprin and 40mg of clexaine a day, i am induced at 37 weeks and i wont have my injection on the day of induction ( be warned, take some of them with you for after you have the baby, they kept me in for hours waiting to be discharged because they didn't have any to give to me, even though i had loads at home) I have thrombaphillia, type 2 factor 2

I have 75mg of asprin and 40mg of clexaine a day, i am induced at 37 weeks and i wont have my injection on the day of induction ( be warned, take some of them with you for after you have the baby, they kept me in for hours waiting to be discharged because they didn't have any to give to me, even though i had loads at home) I have thrombaphillia, type 2 factor 2

Thank you! Will remember to pack some in my hospital bag! :)

Thank you! I know it's worth it to keep baby or babies in your case safe but it does suck. I'm really hoping to avoid induction. Do you bruise badly in the injection sites? I look like ive been beaten up at the moment. Have a scan Friday and I'm dreading showing them my belly.

It comes with practice,the whole injection thing. They will probably need o induce you as you would need to know when to stop taking, i find induction a great experience, no one sending you home during early stages, messing you about....

I got induced with ds as he was late and the experience wasn't bad so don't be too worried if you do go for an induction.

Also i do bruise easy and i dread to think what my belly will look like closer to the birth!
Also good tip about taking injections with you, i must remember that.. being discharged after labour is the longest thing ever!

Thank you both. I was induced with my son and it was fairly terrible. With dd I went into labour the night before I was due to be induced. I keep telling myself that if I have to be induced then my experience may be different to last time. Just nervous that's all. But with two kids at home it would be useful to know when baba is coming. Gonna try look at it in a positive way :)

I'm on 20mg clexane injection and 75mg aspirin daily. I stop them the day of induction. I'm induced due to my first being stillborn. I didn't take blood thinners in following pregnancy because all tests came back clear but then he stopped growing too and was delivered at 34 weeks. I was given them as precaution in my next pregnancy and I got to 38 weeks and induction so it must of done something.

I'm finding the injections harder this time actually. It hurts more. I remember bruising bad last time and now the bruises r really starting to come out again x

I bruised really badly when i was having ds3, looked like i had gone a few rounds with iron mike, i was always told to put them in at a slight angel, but that is apparently incorrect as i now put them in straight, also i poke my skin gently until i find a place i cant feel the pressure and use that sight. Seems to work 99% of the time, also if it hurts i do just remove and start somewhere else, but its my 4th time using them so i have done well over a thousand of them i am sure.

I bruised really badly when i was having ds3, looked like i had gone a few rounds with iron mike, i was always told to put them in at a slight angel, but that is apparently incorrect as i now put them in straight, also i poke my skin gently until i find a place i cant feel the pressure and use that sight. Seems to work 99% of the time, also if it hurts i do just remove and start somewhere else, but its my 4th time using them so i have done well over a thousand of them i am sure.

Thats exactly what i do. Some spots dont hurt at all, i just hate the stinging feeling after

Thats exactly what i do. Some spots dont hurt at all, i just hate the stinging feeling after

I tend not to get that so much anymore... poop doing it isn't it. Sometimes i get little lumps under the skin, find that horrid..

The stinging is the worst. But I find there's some spots that barely hurt at all and some that feel that ive set my stomach on fire. I'm running out of areas where there's no bruising now though. Has anyone tried it in the tops of the legs? The nurse said to maybe inject there for a few days to allow the bruising on my belly to fade a little. I haven't tried it yet though.

The stinging is the worst. But I find there's some spots that barely hurt at all and some that feel that ive set my stomach on fire. I'm running out of areas where there's no bruising now though. Has anyone tried it in the tops of the legs? The nurse said to maybe inject there for a few days to allow the bruising on my belly to fade a little. I haven't tried it yet though.

I haven't as i cant pinch any skin on my thigh ( cyclist) but i have a spare bit on my tummy :blush:

I have spare flab everywhere to pinch :rofl: im just to scared to try. The bruises on my tummy are really sore, last thing I want is to make my legs feel the same.

I'm taking clexane injections every day from 28 weeks, I had my consultant appointment this morning and they have said they see no reason to induce and that there should be no dangers to me having had my clexane that day if I go into labour. They did say that for whatever reason it means that I will not be able to have an epidural (didn't want one anyway, or rather haven't had time for one in last labour) and if Iam to need a c-section I would have to be put to sleep rather than spinal? Not sure why xx

Really Elmobumptobe, that's unusual? But they know what's best for you. That's why im finding it difficult to get answers as it seems it's different for everyone. I know they told me that they can't give an epidural If I have had an injection in the last 8 hours. I have an appointmet with the anaesthetist to discuss it further on the 22nd. I have to have an epidural at 4cms as im high risk of needing a cesarian after 2 difficult births so they said they would prefer to have me ready in case it should be needed. Of course I don't need to agree but if they suggest it Id rather take their advice as they know best. I just wonder wether it will mean that I have to be induced. Guess I will have to wait and see what doctor says on Friday.

I'm taking clexane injections every day from 28 weeks, I had my consultant appointment this morning and they have said they see no reason to induce and that there should be no dangers to me having had my clexane that day if I go into labour. They did say that for whatever reason it means that I will not be able to have an epidural (didn't want one anyway, or rather haven't had time for one in last labour) and if Iam to need a c-section I would have to be put to sleep rather than spinal? Not sure why xx

It may depend on why and how much you are on then, i am on more than double for my weight as i have a clotting gene that is faulty and i also had a stillborn at 36+6 so they like to induce me at 37 (i like it too) so perhaps its because of other factors.

I take 8000iu once a day of tinzaparin (lmwh) until 36 weeks and then switch to twice daily heparin shots until labor starts, then off all blood thinners until after
I deliver. I have protein s deficiency and protein c resistancy. Both my obstetrician and my obstetrical internist don't currently see a need to induce. I was induced with my daughter because of a car accident and it was a horrific experience, so I was very anxious at the possibility of needing another induction.

To be honest I'm a bit uneasy about it really as although I have not had a loss, the last doctor I saw there was quite different about it, he was very keen for me to go on them and they must give you a number of how high risk
You are and he said mine was quite high as I have the blood clotting disorder and a BIG family history of blood clots. Also in my previous three pregnancies they said they would not let me go past my due date as the risk became too high (I don't know if this is the risk of still birth which I have a higher risk of, or the risk to me, I.e a blood clot) personally I think after the birth of my son where I nearly lost him and I still don't know why, and the fact it was FAST I would actually rather be induced? I did agree to going 4 days over with my second son just because when we talked about inducing me she said my cervix etc was extremely unfavourable and it would likely end in section.

Anyway I also have an appointment with a senior midwife in a couple of weeks, to talk about what went wrong with my youngest, so I'm going to re-address my concerns with her.

I'm going to check the dosage of the clexane now so I can tell you....they didn't even weigh me you know, shouldn't they have so that they know how much to give??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->