Question for ladies who've had 2 or more C-sections

lalitas charm

Mummy to Bethan & Piplet
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got my bfp :happydance: and I'm wondering when the hospital will book my c-section. Is it likely to be at 38 weeks which is when they had originally wanted to give me the c-section with DD but I agreed to have her turned and then chickened out of that!! lol! I have no intentions of having a vbac or tolbac.

Many thanks :flower:

Its generally 39wks.

Hope you dont mind me asking but why dont you want a VBAC?

My second section was booked in at 39 weeks.

My hospital tried to talk me into a VBAC but I just refused.x

Thanks for the info Ladies :)

Lolababes, I have a few reasons for not wanting a VBAC. I've done some reading and the risks aren't worth it in my opinion and I recovered really quickly last time, faster than a couple of people I know who had natural births. Pregnancy doesn't suit me very well and I found that having a light at the end of the tunnel really helpful as I could focus on the fact that after that date I wouldn't be in pain anymore. My DD was a pretty big baby and I'd be confident that I'd have another big baby and I simply don't want to give birth to a big baby, I've 3 friends who've had horrific consequences from giving birth to big babies both for them and baby and I don't want that risk either. :flower:

Pretty sure unless for medical reasons the earliest the c-section would be booked is 39weeks.

I had one 7weeks ago, my 2nd c-section which was planned and i recovered very very quickly.

Thanks for the info Ladies :)

Lolababes, I have a few reasons for not wanting a VBAC. I've done some reading and the risks aren't worth it in my opinion and I recovered really quickly last time, faster than a couple of people I know who had natural births. Pregnancy doesn't suit me very well and I found that having a light at the end of the tunnel really helpful as I could focus on the fact that after that date I wouldn't be in pain anymore. My DD was a pretty big baby and I'd be confident that I'd have another big baby and I simply don't want to give birth to a big baby, I've 3 friends who've had horrific consequences from giving birth to big babies both for them and baby and I don't want that risk either. :flower:

Ah ok, yeah I have had 3 c/s (though 2 were emcs after attempted VBACs) so I get what you mean. And totally agree on the big baby thing DS#1 was 9lb4 and got stuck back to back (he was 17 days late though blokes!!)

The hospital should go with what you want, just put your foot down! At the end of the day its YOUR body xx

Thanks lolababes. I have to say you were brave attempting VBAC again after the emcs with your 2nd! Well done!! I have to admit I'm terrified of an emcs, at least if it is elective you can plan for it and you know to expect afterwards, I don't like the unknown!! I don't think that they try to pressurise you into trying VBAC, I'm pretty stubborn anyway so they'll not be able to change my mind :)

Thanks Whisper, Congratulations!! I'm really pleased to hear you had a speedy recovery :flower:

Hi, I've had two C-sections and will have my 3rd C-section probably at 39 weeks. I'm surprised that they are actually pushing a VBAC- but maybe that's the way things are these days. With my 2nd C-section, it was 2001, and it was offered but not recommended. I mean, it's great that they give you the choice. I was terrified of rupturing, and I don't think I could have gotten thru labor thinking that every push would lead to rupture.

But anyway, I actually DID have a VBAC 3 years ago; not on purpose. My first three kids were vaginal, C, and C. Pregnancy #4 I was supposed to have another C-section, but my son was born very prematurely at 23w3d and they made me deliver vaginally. Even though he was only 1# 4 oz, it still hurt just like my full-term labor and delivery- AND even though he was so small, I could feel sharp stinging and burning all along my scar line. It freaked me out. So with this pregnancy (#5), I will definitely be having a C-section.

And honestly, I have long labors. It's a lot more taxing to do vaginally. Now that I've had one, I've been there, done that. It's just easier to plan things, schedule it in, and have it done in a relatively short time. Recovery was very quick for both my C-sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->