question for mummies who ff from the start

anna1986

mummy of 2
Reaction score
im not planning to bf this time around but i know my milk will come in still around 2/3 days. will i still need breast pads? will my boobs leak? how painful will it be whilst waiting for my milk to dry up? any advice appriciated!

Hi, i ff from birth with my second daughter and bought breast pads. I did use a few but didnt really leak that much. Must depend on the individual i think. My milk came in day 4/5 and i was in alot of pain for a good few days. Think it was over a week when it dryed up. I took some ibroprufen and paracetamol and that seem to help. x

My breasts were extremely sore for at least a week and I had to wear breast pads for around 3 weeks and they were soaked.

I had to wear breast pads as well...I was practically spraying milk for lack of a better way of describing it. Interestingly, I found it uncomfortable not painful. I just made sure I didn't stimulate them in any way. cabbage leaves in your bra is a good way to relieve engorgement and help to try up the milk.

I breastfed for five days and then gave up. My breasts got really engorged and hard but it wasn't too painful, more uncomfortable and I managed it with paracetemol. That feeling lasted around 5 days and then they softened and have been fine since. Also I found that massaging my breasts helped a bit. I didn't leak at all so didn't need breastpads for that, but found having breast pads in bra as extra padding really comfortable anyway.

I FF from birth and only had one day where my breasts were really sore. I wore breast pads for a couple of weeks but didn't leak too much. It wasn't too bad at all :)

I was lucky enough to not leak at all. I was sore from day 5 to day 8, the pain wasnt bad unless I took my bra off.

I think it depends -- in my case, I leaked milk for a good month and did use breast pads, didn't stimulate, etc., but it was only the first week that it was very uncomfortable.

best wishes

I FF from the very start and had to wear breast pads for the first 2 weeks.. I woke up soaked when they had slightly moved out of place!

I FF from the start and I didn't need breasts pads, never leaked at all just really painful bbs for a few days. My milk came in I think day 4, today my dd is just over a week old and though I still have some mild discomfort they bbs are MUCH better and the milk is drying up, I'm not so swollen anymore.

My boobs were never sore. They never leaked. Guess I just didn't have it in me. Everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->