Question for the ladys with little babys about swimming

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
now i have heard alot of different things about taking babys swimming from what age and if they need all there injections or just some of them...

so i was wondering what you have all been told as i was hoping to go to butlins at the end of september early october and my baby is due 20th may so would be about 4-5months old and both me and my oh just love swimming so was wondering if he would be aloud in with us..

Thanks in advance

I've never heard of having to wait because of vaccines. But you should wait until they are old enough for sunscreen even if it's just for a few minutes. I think most start at 6mo, but Baby Aveeno is ok from a younger age, I would look at the bottles and see.

Would like to know this too, want to take my DS swimming asap.

We're also hopin to take him on holiday in May when he'll be 5 1/2 months

Its fine to take them swimming from birth - you don't need to wait for their injections. I took Erin from 9 weeks and she loved it. Just be prepared that thet get cold quickly so from the start can only stay in for about 15 minutes. The all in one swimsuits are good for protection against sun and also keeps them warmer. Have fun. xx

thanks and its an indoor pool with lots of parts to it and it has a baby/toddler section witch goes in like a beach to a bit deeper.. and keep ill keep a baby towel close by

Yeah, you don't need to wait for all shots. I just took Lola to the pool last week, only kept her in about a minute. She was so confused poor thing :lol:

the reason they used to say to wait for the jabs is cos of polio, its carried in water apparently. but with polio being like, non-existant now its fine to go whenever!

Yup you can go swimming as soon as you want :) Tabitha's been swimming and loves it, she stayed in for 15-30mins till she got bored i was amazed!! :happydance:

awww I wanna take Jasmine swimming :( Need to find somewhere though.

Just a question, Do you use any flotation device? Like water wings etc? Or a life jacket? I would just be afraid of dropping her.. .although I suppose it wouldnt be very likely to happen.

I just hold my baby (tight!)

I would hold him and bounce him up and down in the water just down as far as his chin a good few times, splash water round him, hold him on his back with my arm down the length of his back and the same on his front. Sometimes he will duck his face in the water. Also I would pull him through the water.

In the pool he is not as slippery as in the bath with all that soap!

we do have like a little boat thingy for him to go in but since it goes in like a beach effect (slowly slopeing ) i could sit in the water with him on me or like rested between my legs with me holding him aswell...

i am very scared of dropping him in water but this holiday will be with my partner and my gran and her partner **baby sitters for night time** so will be lots of people around to make me feel more relaxed

yerp swimming is fine from birth. i want to take Aidan next week, you can get like little floating water boat thingys:D
xx

hey

my friend, a mum of 2 herself is a swimming instructor advised me to wait till her final jabs (which is at 4 months) she advised it as pool hygiene is apparently shocking. the viruses that are spread in water are dangerous to baby and Polio is easily spread in the water so you should wait till all 3 sets of jabs are complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->