question for those ladies that used raspberry leaf in later pregnancy

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi girls just a few quick questions from 3rd tri. Those of you that used raspberry leaf tea or capsules

when did you start taking them?

how many per day?

capsules or tea?

Did they do anything as far as you are aware, did they help?

Was your baby early/late/on time?

Did it make the 2nd stage of labour any easier?

:hugs:thankyou xx

hi there melbo, not long for you now, so exciting :wohoo: wishing you sooooooo much luck x

when did you start taking them? - i started around 35 weeks

how many per day? about 6 i believe

capsules or tea? capsules, tried the tea but didn't like it, was suprised as i like herbal teas normally.

Did they do anything as far as you are aware, did they help? i think it helped my uterus contract back into place after she was born.

Was your baby early/late/on time? late - eventually here 9days late, started labour 7 days late!

Did it make the 2nd stage of labour any easier? unfortunately no, don't think it had anything to do with rlt, 40hours of labour and i was only 3cm, maddi would have never came normally! had an emergency c-section x

i took them from 37 weeks, cant remember how many, but the max per day, and it did ..........NOTHING!!!

just another old wives tale im afraid hun! :hugs:

and baby came at 39+6, but only cos i has a sweep at 39+5, and i dont think he would have come before or on hus due date without the sweep. HTH x

I did the tea from like 30 weeks.... Then I started taking evening primrose oil capsules at 37w and Jasmine was born at 39ws.

BTW the rr tea helps tone your uterus, it doesnt make you go into labour... the evening primrose helps soften the cervix.

Hi girls just a few quick questions from 3rd tri. Those of you that used raspberry leaf tea or capsules

At about 32 weeks but stopped taking them when I lost my plug at about 33 weeks.
how many per day?
One cup per day.
capsules or tea?
Tea
I really don't know,I don't think so...

She was 3 weeks early.

Definitely no,I was pushing for 3 hours.

Started drinking the tea @ 36wks and by the end i was on 4/5 cups a day

Not sure if it helped but the 2nd stage lasted about 1 hour so it wasnt too long

And baby came @ 39 + 6 :)

Id deffo use it again if i ever go mad and decide to have another :rofl:

I started taking them at 35 weeks
I inserted (as advised by midwife) 2 capsules a day one in morning and one before bedtime and 2 cups of tea.
Baba was 15days late
did fuck all as i was pushing for 3 hours and baba was stuck and i needed to be cut 3 times XxX

when did you start taking them? around 35 weeks

how many per day? by the end around 4 cups

capsules or tea? tea

Did they do anything as far as you are aware, did they help? I think it helped my uterus contract back, i remember the midwife commented on how fast it happened too.

Was your baby early/late/on time? went into labour 2 days after due dute, he was born 4 days after due date

Did it make the 2nd stage of labour any easier? I dont think so

when did you start taking them? think it were 36weeks

how many per day?it changed daily, sometimes 1 cup sometimes 10 lol

capsules or tea? teaaa

Did they do anything as far as you are aware, did they help?brought on braxton hicks, they stopped braxton hicks. i did feel as though it brought on alot of practise contractions 1 week before labour

Was your baby early/late/on time? 4 days late. labour started day 3 over

Did it make the 2nd stage of labour any easier? i cant really compare it yet. i dilated quickly, i was pushing for 10 mins

when did you start taking them? 36 weeks

how many per day?abput 5 cups a day

capsules or tea? tea :)

Did they do anything as far as you are aware, did they help? Did nothing for me

Was your baby early/late/on time? baby was 1 week late and i had to be induced

Did it make the 2nd stage of labour any easier? dont know as ended up with emergency c section

I tried everything to get my baby to come on time as i went 9 days overdue with my son.
Raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose capsules, sex, curry, walking, pineapple, membrane sweep, you name it, i tried it!!
My daughter finally arrived 10 days late. My labour was quite quick though lasting 5 hours in total, she weighed 8lb 12oz but i had no grazes or tears, so maybe it all did help.

I think I was about 35 weeks... although I can't totally remember!! :dohh:

how many per day?

capsules or tea?

400mg capsules

Possibly, but as this was my first baby, I have nothing to compare to!

A week early officially (although the MW at the time of delivery seemed to think my dates may have been wrong, as she thought Morgan looked more like a baby who was 2 weeks overdue?! And I had been measuring big for dates through the 3rd tri!)

I started with mild contractions at about 1.30am (that mild that I didn't think much of it for a few hours) and then went up the hospital at 6.30am as although they weren't painful, they were coming every 2-3 mins. Was checked and told only 2cm and was sent home. 8.30am we were calling an ambulance as I wanted to push, got to delivery ward at 9am and was fully dilated!!! :rofl: I only remember doing 3 pushes and Morgan was born at 9.30am!!) So I went from 2cm to 10cm in about 2 hours, if that!!

helped with my previous 2, took it from 31-32 weeks, drank it instead of tea or coffee roughly 4-5 a day, and both were born one 37 weeks one 38 weeks, first an hour labour start to end, second less than 20 mins, i wont risk not using it this time as swear it helped my last 2!

:)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->