Question for those on blood thinners?

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Im pretty used to my injections now, I have them morning and night. They aren't even painful anymore, just leave big bruises. But I've noticed in one of the places I've injected I have a quite large bruised lump that's extremely sore. I've left messages for my midwife but no one has got back to me yet. Is this normal?

Yeah i get them sometimes, just avoid the area until it goes down. To be honest the mw is most likely going to be clueless in any case, most are about blood matters xx

Thanks Jessicahide! I was really panicking as the lump is pretty big. Glad it's normal. I've been worrying all day about it xx

Thanks Jessicahide! I was really panicking as the lump is pretty big. Glad it's normal. I've been worrying all day about it xx

Oh no don't panic, its all ok! They can be really painful sometimes but they will be less frequent the more practice you get in. How large are your bruises?

Huge! I've mentioned it the consultant and they said its normal but they look awful. Not sore at all though. Bar that one big lump. That hurts a lot. I'm running out of non bruised areas to Inject though.

I had this both times, I just tried to spread out where I was injecting xx

I've been mixing & matching..sometimes in the top of my legs, sometimes my tummy. It means the bruises have chance to fade before I inject near there again. :thumbup:
I also find some spots can be more painful than others so if its uncomfortable trying to put the needle in I move to a different spot & try again.

The bruises are usual, but also avoidable, i had some huge ones with ds3, but now i just get ones the size of a pin head, with the rare larger ones. Only problem is i don't really know what i have done differently?!:shrug: Apart from i was told before to put them in at a slight angel and now i put them in dead straight?!

I'm not sure if I just get huge bruises cause I bruise really easily or just because I'm rubbish at doing the injections. The consultant said to put them in straight and make sure not to rub the area afterwards and i do try to follow it but it doesn't make much of a difference. Still it's worth it for a take home baby. The lump is smaller today and a lot less painful so I'm really relieved :)

I'm not sure if I just get huge bruises cause I bruise really easily or just because I'm rubbish at doing the injections. The consultant said to put them in straight and make sure not to rub the area afterwards and i do try to follow it but it doesn't make much of a difference. Still it's worth it for a take home baby. The lump is smaller today and a lot less painful so I'm really relieved :)

Glad its smaller, they really are horrid, i sometimes get them and they are not painful too... But yes One million percent worth it xxxxx

I have had some lumps too and bruising trying to stop the bruising but not much luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->