Question for those who use kilograms...

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
I was flipping through all of Erica's birth photo's a few mins ago, and found the pic my mom took of her on the scale when she was born.. They weighed her in kilograms, then converted to pounds. They said she weighed 8lb10oz when she was born, and the pic shows 3.915 kilograms. I was curious so went online and found several conversion calculators, and they are all coming up with 3.915 kilos is 8lbs6oz. Do you ladies know what the correct answer is? I guess it would kinda make sense, and we left the hospital with her weighing 7lb10oz so was a little surprised that she lost an entire lb. And by her 3 week check, she still hadn't reached the weight of 8lb10oz yet.. I feel really stupid now, and very confused :shrug: , so if anyone here knows which weight is correct I'd appreciate it soo much! Thanks ladies!!

i think its 8lb 6oz hun thats what i get when i convert it x

https://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/weight-conversion-chart.html

found this chart looks like 8lb 10 is right very confusing though

Thanks, that does look right. All of the online calculators were giving me 8lb6oz, I appreciate your helps ladies! I was confused and worried about it I needed to talk to the hospital about correcting it, if it was in fact wrong.. I feel pretty dumb now lol... Thanks!!:D

my converter in my phone said 8lb6oz but the site says 8lb10z very strange though why they dont match x

I dunno... I wouldn't think anything of it, but you hear about them screwing up that stuff a lot, and they messed up on Erica's birth certificate, social security card, even her first pic! Our hospital was pretty awful, so I wouldn't put it past them.

If you do the kg x 2.2 lbs then you get 8.6 but then you gotta think that the .6 is .6 of the 16ozs in a lb
Does this make sense :wacko:

I think I may be more confused now! LOL, I'm horrible at this stuff.

I think 8lb 10 is right - what sonny means is that when you work it out yourself, it means 8.6lbs (8 pounds plus 6/10ths of a pound, not 6 ounces). and if you work it out, .6 of a pound is 10 ounces.

The online conversions I have used all bring it to 8lbs 6.

I think 8lb 10 is right - what sonny means is that when you work it out yourself, it means 8.6lbs (8 pounds plus 6/10ths of a pound, not 6 ounces). and if you work it out, .6 of a pound is 10 ounces.

Ooh I get it now! Thank you! I was so confused thinking it meant 6oz, not 6/10! :dohh: The whole conversion is kinda tricky! I dunno why they dont just weigh in lbs over here.. they do in the doctors office. :blush:

Ooh I get it now! Thank you! I was so confused thinking it meant 6oz, not 6/10! :dohh: The whole conversion is kinda tricky! I dunno why they dont just weigh in lbs over here.. they do in the doctors office. :blush:

Lol its daft, in the UK they weigh in whatever they feel like :rofl:

thats so wierd they weighed my little man here in the uk in kilograms at birth then after that its always been in lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->