Question from someone TTC

snazz

Reaction score
hi ladies, just a question - has anyone on here conceived successfully while using lubricants to dtd? I didn't realize that they are apparently bad for sperm and now I'm depressed, we use lubricant all the time, I think I ovulated last night and I'm feeling quite gloomy for the two week wait

I know some women say it's bad for the , but both times I conceived we used just normal lube (astroglide specifically) and had no problems. I was worried too at first, but each time we conceived the first time trying...so I personally don't think it makes a difference. Try not to worry. :)

we used preseed with both BFP's it is sperm safe :thumbup:

I'd recommend switching to preseed. It's pricier, but it's specifically made to be sperm friendly. Good luck!

Switch to sperm safe lube! I used pre seed, there is also another called conceive plus, maybe more! Then there is no need to worry :)
I'm sure you can get pregnant using normal lube, but it doesn't help sperm at all.
Fingers crossed for your bfp :)

You can buy preseed or conceive plus, which are sperm friendly. Good luck! :) x

good luck hun!! you still have time to dtd today hopefully with out lub just to be on the safe side!

Tried preseed for a few months and didn't get pregnant although it's sperm friendly. Got my bfp using conceive plus. Def use a sperm friendly one!!

Thanks to everyone who replied...It looks like one stubborn little swimmer did make it through all that toxic lube, and I will be joining you ladies on this first trimester forum :) Got my BFP today

Congrats, snazz!! You've got a determined swimmer :)

I've never heard of that and I've conceived both times using normal lube. For sure this time we were using normal lube! Last time might have been with coconut oil.

We used a water based lube which isn't meant to be good for the sperm to travel through, but we conceived the first month.
We used conceive plus lube the first time which is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->