Question : Moms who bottle and breastfeed

Miss Magic

Reaction score
Okay so I bottle (pump) and breastfeed and I'm kind of confused ...
My baby (10 weeks) drinks about 4oz of breastmilk from a bottle . When I breastfeed her she only stays on for 5-10 minutes ... It just doesn't seem like she's getting enough in that time ... Does breastmilk come out of me faster then it does from a bottle? She's gaining weight really well and is very healthy but I read that baby's should breastfeed for 20 minutes.

Some babies can be very efficient feeders. Some babies might also take a bit more from the bottle than they really want/need because it's easy for them. So it could be either of those. If she's healthy, don't stress about it.

Our health visitor said anywhere from 5-30 minutes per feed is totally normal. My son is a quick feeder too. I'm glad, to be honest.

I go to lactation group where we weigh before and after feeding. My baby can suck out 2 oz from one breast in just 2 or 3 minutes. They always say watch the baby not the clock. If your LO is gaining well I wouldn't worry :). The baby is the most efficient at getting milk from the breast so they can really surprise you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->