Question on FSH level

MinneGirl

Mommy to Weston!
Reaction score
I'm kind of freaking out. I went for a follow up with my FS yesterday and the only issue he raised with us, was my cd10 FSH level--it was 12. He said under 10 is best. My cd3 FSH was 8, which was considered "normal".

I then just read an article from an IVF center that said patients with an FSH level over 10 hardly ever get pregnant with IVF! I am 30 years old, and he didn't seem to think that 12 was the end of the world...and certainly didn't indicate that we have no chance for conception.

Uggh, can anyone shed some light on this??

Hi by no means do i know everything but i do have a high FSH so ill try to answer you the best i know how :flower:

FSH has to be taken in to account on day 3 and fluctuates up and down from month to month and at different times, so day 10 FSH would not be any concern it would be the day three they look at.

Id also like to point out you can and do get pregnant with a high FSH with or without IVF its an indicator of egg reserve/quality not the exact truth just an indicator .

I do have a low egg reserve (HIGHEST FSH 11.6 ,AMH 4.3pmnol )But i know its not an exact science!!,And although women are born with the only eggs they will ever have, they do reduce as you get older and can decrease quickly in some women earlier ( I'm 29) than most!, there is still no way of saying you will never get preg,After all i do have eggs so i have to have at least one good one lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->