Question????

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Im trying to work out how much i am going to have to save and i wondering how much your stash of reusables cost you?

Im thinking of using the birth to potty training ones?

How much has it cost you?

Thank you x

I have spent no more than £150 and I have got mostly BTP pockets (some ebay cheapies, BG's and BB's) and some prefold types (mothercare smart nappies and bambino mio) and some all in ones for night time (pop ins) Included in that amount is my nappy bucket (cheap from Wilkinsons) mesh bags and wet bags for out and about. I made my own fleece liners out of a blanket from tesco so I don't have any ongoing costs.

Anything more I spend is just unnecessary and pure luxury. I can easily manage on 15 or so nappies....but its always SO tempting to *just* get that one with the *cute* print....

i really dont wanna add up how much i have spent!!!! to be honest if you wanted just the bare minimum you could get 10-15 bg's btp V3's for under £200 which would be a huge saving over the years of using disposables!!! if you wanna get a few cuties i.e BB's or the like they cost aywhere up to £23 each !

sara

xxxxxx

I have Bum Genius, about 16, enough for a wash every other day. Including nappy bin and various accessories like that we spent about £200. We do get liners though and they are about a penny each I think so we do have a small ongoing cost. Our nappies are birth to potty though so we don't expect to buy any more and intend to use them for a second child.

I have 25 terry squares and about 10 or so wraps, almost all of my wraps are preloved from various places on the web, got all of my extras (nappy bucket, mesh bags etc.) either very cheaply from local shops or free with various things... As the terries will be birth-to-potty (with various folds as :baby: grows) I think I did very well, and have certainly not spent over £100 on everthing :)

Terry flats aren't for everyone, though! But I'm chuffed with how little I've spent, and we will REALLY be reaping the savings if and when :baby: number 2 comes along! :winkwink:

Shadow xx

Thank you! So it would be reasonable to say £200?

we still use disposables when we go out sometimes, plus at night, and i'd say my stash cost around £250 hon, i would say £200 is reasonable :) xx

You could realistically do it for 200 however be warned buying cloth is truely addictive!! I justify it by saying I'll use them for the next ones

i've brought mainly pre-loved of lots of different varieties and spent about £230 but i have over 40 nappies and 11 wraps for this. i intend of selling some on after determining which ones i like best, and also when we find out if we have a girl/boy as i would like some cute fluff too! :rofl:

up til today, I had spent £120. I bought mostly pre-loved size 1 Little Lamb nappies and wraps, so they won't last longer than about 9 months, but I plan to sell them on again and put the money towards the next size.

for the £120, I got: 7 bamboo, 13 cotton and 2 (new but second hand) microfibre LLs, 8 LL wraps, with bamboo and cotton boosters and fleece liners (all used); and then I bought new: 4 bamboo flat nappies, a roll of flushable liners, lidded bucket, mesh, dryer balls and a pack of 3 nappy nippas.

then just today I added my £30 voucher from the council to £40 of my own to buy 5 Bum Genius BTPs and 2 bamboo boosters.

so for £160, that's 31 nappies, 9 of which are BTP (including the flats here) and 8 wraps. I am planning to sell maybe 5 or 6 of the cotton LLs as I prefer the bamboo; I want some for their speed of drying but I don't need 13 now I have the BGs. that'd leave me with 25 or so.

fortunately for my bank balance I am not a fan of fancy-looking nappies. I actually prefer the white nappies and wraps though I now have some coloured BGs. I figure they are usually under clothes, especially as my baby is a boy. I am all about the money-saving element of it all. one reason I have the BGs is that I know they have a value in the pre-loved market, if we don't get along with them. that said, when the time to sell comes, I don't know if I will or if I'll hang onto them in case Adam gets a brother or sister... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->