Questions! a lot ! How do you know when....

NMichMomma

Mom of one TTC #2
Reaction score
First I must apologize for some pretty easy questions. This whole trying to take charge of my fertility is so confusing! Who knew making another human would be so challenging. The women who just look at their spouses and get knocked up are so luckY:shrug:!!

1. When you ovulate?

2. What is the MOST crucial time to BD :sex:before, after, during...ugh...Okay this one I think I know the answer is ALL the time.lol.

3. Because I need reproduction 101 again:wacko:...Ovulation is when your ovaries release the egg right? and then it travels down the fallopian tubes where hopefully Mr and/or Miss :spermy: meet and greet and hopefully fertilize it BEFORE it reaches your uterus? How far off am I? So your window is about this - big :dohh:

I pretty much (since my first kiddo) have cramps midcycle now (Sign of O??), I have EWCM A LOT throughout my cycle, timing is hard because of that, Clomid won't help that will it?? Apparently with PCOS that is a common complaint.

4. If I already O and Im also taking Clomid what does that mean?? Will that just help it along timing wise or make more eggs release (OH BOY!) so confusing.

5. My OBGYN pretty much wrote the script and said Good Luck-though Im sure if I asked she would be most helpful..Im one of those "don't bother the Dr they are busy" people. Sad. All research I am doing is online..way to much info out there. What to believe or not.

6. Bored yet? I'm Sorry but after 3.5 yrs of TTC #2 I'm trying to finally learn something....:nope:

Thanks and Good luck all! This is my first cycle on Clomid and Metformin...I need to go buy an OPK soon, and start Bd'ing this week! Watching and waiting for any and all signs of O!
:dust:

My "cocktail" is 2000 mg daily of Metformin and I'm on CD 8 after 5 days of 50mg of Clomid. I stopped Welbutrin (for ADHD) last week and I need to find some good Prenatals that don't bother my tummy.

Bumping..funny when I checked for this post yesterday it never showed:nope:, today it's back..so weird. Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

1. It depends on the length of your cycle - have you tried tempig using a basel thermometer? This can show (in retrospect) if you ovulated. Or do you try anyother methods like opk or fertility monitor?

2. Ideally the sperm will be inside swimming around waiting when the egg is released. So it's recommended in the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) to dtd every second day from around CD8 and then every day after getting a positive OPK (Ovulation test) for 3 days. you can read about SMEP on google.

3. The egg lasts up to 24 hours (usually less) Sperm up to 5 days (usually far less more like 48hrs in good sperm friendy conditions!). Ideally the sperm will be up waiting about in the fallopean tube for the egg to be released. This is where luck and chance come in. A healthy sperm must penetrate a healthy egg. Then it must make the long journey down the tube and then impant successfully in the womb. The 3 of these things seem to be the hardest things to achieve! This journey can take between 6 - 10 days.

Don't know what clomid actually does - I think it has something to do with getting ovulation going. I was diagnosed with PCOS (>50 cysts on each ovary) after suffering with long painfull cycles and had been ttc for 15 months, and was told that I was only ovulating about 2-3 times a year even though I was getting other symptoms like EWCM and my cycle was regular enough. I was given just metaformin - and concieved after 3 months on it - my DD is now 4 and my PCOS cleared up after that pregnancy.

4. If I already O and Im also taking Clomid what does that mean?? Will that just help it along timing wise or make more eggs release (OH BOY!) so confusing. Not sure!

5.That's what she's there for - you need to be monitored on these meds and it's important that you use them correctly to achieve the most benefit from them

6. This subject is so vast I'm always finding out something new!!! Hope I helped some bit!
:thumbup:

Thank You so much for helping...I don't temp, I have heard with PCOS its not a reliable way to tell if you are ovulating :nope: I am going to invest in some OPK's for the heck of it and see what happens.

I will be talking with my family Dr. Monday about this Clomid stuff!

Thank You for the refresher course. Amazing we get pg in the first place!!

Thank You so much!! I appreciate it greatly!!

have you checked out this helpful site: https://www.fertilitypoints.com/

A good book to read is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler. If its hard for you to pinpoint ovulation, I would say BD every other day. Have you had any tests run yet (Semen analysis, HSG, bloodwork etc.)? I've heard some doctors say the Clomid will make it more likely to release more than one egg, and some that say it can improve the quality as well. The best time for getting pregnant is BD 1-2 days before ovulation. Some women get cramps before/during O. Hope this helps.

A good book to read is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler. If its hard for you to pinpoint ovulation, I would say BD every other day. Have you had any tests run yet (Semen analysis, HSG, bloodwork etc.)? I've heard some doctors say the Clomid will make it more likely to release more than one egg, and some that say it can improve the quality as well. The best time for getting pregnant is BD 1-2 days before ovulation. Some women get cramps before/during O. Hope this helps.

First off anything I say is Clomid driven..Im pretty tired, sad, crampy,grumpy....you get it...Im sorry...:nope: But I do want to say THANK YOU!!!

Ah this book has been suggested many times..I have not read it. Though it is on my list!! Because my cycles run from about 35-105 days in length (estimates) I have no idea when I ovulate or if. I must have once because we did get pg with DD. I do know that I think Im starting to stress more then I was before I joined here :sad2: All these ladies know Exactly when they "o" I have no idea. none, zip...I have EWCM all the time, mulitiple times throughout my cycles, I have not tried temping, but I have heard with PCOS that is not always accurate. Bugger!!! I think I need to look for this book. If it can explain things clearly and in many situations (like PCOS etc) I am sold!!

Thanks for responding. Im a newbie for sure!!

Hi again, so sorry your feeling down :hugs: it can be a tough & sometimes a strangely lonely journey.

I found this link on the site I use to chart my temps explaining about charting with PCOS using bbt and including other cycle symptoms, perhaps it would be worth it to give it a try, the bbt thermometer isn't expensive and it may help you to relax some little bit by taking more control over your cycle.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Fertility-Charting-with-PCOS---Polycystic-Ovary-Syndrome.html

Take care :hug:

I have heard clomid and metformin together in women with PCOS can be very helpful. I do not have PCOS - but I have tried clomid and I did ovulate on it - usually 2 to 4 eggs. I suggest you get a bunch of cheap opk on the internet especially if you have really long cycles, then you can check for O twice a day until you O and it won't be overly expensive. I just started temping last month and it is helpful if you want to know what is going on with your body, not sure about the pros though. My OH and I are following the smep this month - :sex: every other day starting cd 8 along with op.'s and temping. Still waiting to O right now. Good luck and :dust: to you!

Thank You ladies!! Im going to do both! I just got my labs back for some other tests and found out my good HDL cholesterol is low and my Triglcyerides are high..bummed out!! I need to start exercising and lose weight and eat healthy (which Im trying pretty darn hard already bugger) It's pretty frustrating, but one needs to be healthy!! Thank You again for your help, Im looking into both!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->