questions about home doppler

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
yea I know another Doppler thread ughh.. ive been trying 2 find baby's heartbeat for 2 days now.. I don't think im finding it though?? I just got done messing around with it & I heard a heartbeat but I think it was mine maybe? it started at 135 & went down to 125.. are these things accurate with BPM? I don't know ..im getting frustrated! my doctor made it look soo easy finding the heartbeat! any suggestions?

Yours will not be that high...yours is around 80bpm, so it could be baby you are hearing.

I bought mine today! And at 19 weeks it took me a few minutes to find! Normally if you find your heartbeat it will seem much slower (adult bpm should range around 60-90 ish) and baby is around 120-170 ish) so basically you're looking for something double your own rate!

Just take it super slow, and you need to press down around an inch into your stomach (which is quite hard!) and even then with me the baby has a lot of space to move so as soon as I find it, it seems to dissapear within 10 seconds or so!

Don't feel discouraged, get up and walk, even take a warm shower, it can help bring baby to surface and easier to find, keep trying!:flower:
And oh edit -- even now baby is a couple inches above my pubic bone, make sure your looking really low down! on your knicker line ! x

thank u ladies:) I have the sonoline B 3mhz .. when my doctor found the heartbeat a few days ago it was 174bpm! so I just don't understand why my Doppler is either reading my heart rate high or my baby's heart rate low! so confusing. im waiting until im 12 weeks 2 try again!

This is another reason why some dont suggest using one as it can make people worry if they dont know about detecting the heartbeat etc. Just like our own heart, babys heart beat will change throughout the day depending on activity rest etc. Chances are baby was probably sleeping at the time or very inactive. Think about how fast our heart beats after a jog. And then how it beats after sitting watchng tv or after a nap. It changes....same with baby. Anything over 120 is normal and nothing to worry about. Chances are when it was higher baby was quite active at the time.

Baby's hb will sound like a horse galloping. What you may be hearing is an artery that runs along the spine that would register over 100 bpm. As pp said I always found mine in about the same spot and it was right around where my underwear sat. I also have the sonoline B and love it. Not far along enough in this pregnancy yet but will probably start trying around 9-10 weeks.

I have a Sonoline B as well (LOVE IT!!!!) and I first was able to get my baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks 5 days! Then I couldn't find it again for a week. I knew it was baby because it was waaaay faster than mine!! At my 9+4 scan my baby's heartrate was 171, then 167 at 11 weeks, and 164 at 12+4. My doppler has never registered an accurate number. Either because the heartbeat is not loud enough or baby moves before I can get it to register. I've gotten numbers from the 80s up to the 180s. I've never gone by that, I use a timer and I count the beats in 10 seconds and multiply that by 6!! It's been way more accurate!!! :)

I have to say that the number on the doppler are TOTALLY INACURRATE!
Don't worry!
I have a sonoline and when I want to measure my baby's heart rate I record it and then count it myself because the doppler cannot take any good measure.

My Placenta is 125 bpm babies are between 150/176 atm. I cannot find them every time, and I didn't start looking till after 10 weeks try not to worry babies are so small with so much room at this stage, hence why MW's don't try till 16 weeks because its very difficult to pick them up x

I would fully ignore the numbers on the digi screen. They are completely inaccurate for me!

Instead.. record the sound. Count the beats in 15 seconds and times by 4. There will be NO doubt whatsoever when you find babies, the sound is just incredible and stops you in your tracks. YouTube some fetal heartbeats and you can tell the difference in the sound of ours and theirs.

When I found mine at 8+4 I had been looking for a few minutes, I suddenly stopped as I knew the sound was babies HB as it's unmistakable. Nothing like ours xx

im so happy 2day! yesterday I finally found my baby's heartbeat!! DH was at work so that sucked but I called him & recorded it on his voicemail lOl. anyway I watched about a million videos of women using their sonoline b Doppler & I realized wat I had been hearing was definitely not baby. it was either my heartbeat or the placenta or something. anyway I found it low down & had 2 angle the probe just right. when I heard it I KNEW it was baby right away:) it was just like every1 said.. a little horse galloping.. fast! lOl.. so I listened to it again this morning & I found it pretty much right away n the same spot pretty much. im soo happy:) it still didn't register the correct heart rate but it was higher. I just ordered more gel cuz im already running low! so happy I ordered my Doppler:) thanks 4 everything ladies!

Awesome....yeah im waiting a bit longer as ive realised i havent actually heard the correct hb as the one ive been hearing is from the artery down there as i heart the same hb on the other side. So after slowly trying to find the correct one and still not finding it, ive just decided to wait until baby gets a tad bit bigger for me to find it. I figured baby just wants to stay in hidding lol.

Yay pleased you found it, when you do it makes it easier each time. I have found that when my bladder is full I cannot find my babies anywhere but can if I have a wee and then try.

yes bunnyhop!! I tried finding it for the second time 2day except this time with a full bladder.. couldn't find it at all! went to the bathroom & tried again & there it was! some women say having a full bladder makes it easier I guess that's just not the case 4 us! lOl.

orionfox I know exactly what ur going through lOl we have 2 be around the same with our EDD's cuz I got my BFP just a few days before u. I told myself the other day that I was absolutely not using the Doppler again until I was 12 weeks lOl I just couldn't help myself! I was just so surprised how far down it was! right where underwear line stops! practically on my vagina lOl (not really) but I never thought it would be that low that's why I wasn't finding it! plus u have 2 angle that freakin thing every which way. ugh ! good luck im sure u will find it soon:)

Yeah at this point my edd is sept 23rd, but we will see what it shows on weds at my scan.

im so happy 2day! yesterday I finally found my baby's heartbeat!! DH was at work so that sucked but I called him & recorded it on his voicemail lOl. anyway I watched about a million videos of women using their sonoline b Doppler & I realized wat I had been hearing was definitely not baby. it was either my heartbeat or the placenta or something. anyway I found it low down & had 2 angle the probe just right. when I heard it I KNEW it was baby right away:) it was just like every1 said.. a little horse galloping.. fast! lOl.. so I listened to it again this morning & I found it pretty much right away n the same spot pretty much. im soo happy:) it still didn't register the correct heart rate but it was higher. I just ordered more gel cuz im already running low! so happy I ordered my Doppler:) thanks 4 everything ladies!

That's so great you found the heartbeat! I didn't have mine until I was around 15 weeks and I found the heartbeat really low. I didn't realize how far down it would be. The videos do help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->