Questions about hospital bag and birth plan :)

L

LilMiss_91

At my last midwife appt she suggested I start thinking about my birth plan and making a list of things I want to take to the hospital with me. I've already decided on a few things, but could you ladies tell me what sort of things you've included in your plan and your hospital bag or things I need to include? I'm sure there are lots of things I haven't even considered! :) x

Hi! What I did was went onto my maternity hospital website as they have a list of what they expect you to park in your bag. I know all hospitals are different. Mine want you to bring nappies and wipes etc but some provide that so it's best to find out at least for the basics. Hope this helps :) good luck xx

Thankyou! I'll try and find out :) I'm seeing my midwife on Monday so hopefully she'll be able to tell me how I can find out what my hospital requires/suggests :) x

My birth plan will read 'EPIDURAL' lol

As for my hospital bag list it reads as follows so far

Me

Night dress
Pj's
Dressing gown
Slippers
Old knickers
Bra
Socks
Shampoo
Shower gel
Deodorant
Make up
Straighteners (last minute)
Spray bottle
Flannel
Snacks
Squash
Maternity pads
Nipple cream
Hair bands
Lypsyl
iPhone
Phone charger
Toothbrush
Toothpaste

Baby

2 vests
2 sleepsuits
Outfit
Hat
Blanket
Nappies
Wipes
Cotton wool

It's not finished yet and I need to add my oh list too!

I've not done a birth plan as such but my oh knows I would like to use the midwife led unit, have a water birth, skin to skin ASAP and delayed cord clamping. None of this is set in stone as I know how things change.

My bag is very similar to pp!

Xxx

Hi ladies, two things I will recommend, one for birth plan and one for hospital bag....

Birth plan: although you may have your ideal birth written down/in your head, be prepared for things to change last minute so you need to keep a bit of open minded ness about stuff :) mine did......I wanted to just use gas and air, as it turned out, baby was back to back, baby got stuck, I ended up with an emergency spinal and emergency forceps delivery in theatre as baby's heartbeat kept dropping......

Hosptial bag: the ONLY thing I had time to use in my carefully planned and packed hospital bag was a water bottle with a sports cap! As it turned out, this was completely invaluable, as the gas and air was making my mouth sooooooo dry and it enabled me to drink between contractions (the few seconds that I had!! Lol) in whatever position I was in at the time without dribbling....... Cannot recommend strongly enough that you pack one these!!!!

Good luck ladies :flower:

Thankyou ladies :) some very useful ideas here so will definitely be including some of these :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->