Questions to ask on homebirth visit

MadamRose

Mummy to 3 and WTT for #4
Reaction score
I have suddenly had a complete mind blank and my MW is coming round toay to speak about my homebirth and to cheak to room is sutable ect. She said its the perfect time to ask questions. Well my mind has gone blank and cant think of anything to ask.
Is there anything you think thats important or nice to ask?

I asked at what point should I ring the midwives (they told me when either my waters had broken or my contractions had got to 2-3 minutes apart). Also, just clarify what equipment they expect you to provide, although I'm sure she'll provide you with a list. Have you got a birth plan yet? If so, I'd go through that too. x

No not got a homebirth plan yet, there is so many normal birth plans to follow out there but cant find a homebirth one so have no idea what to put in it :wacko:

I know what you mean! I didn't have a plan either, although OH and I had discussed specific things like the Vit K injection, delivery of placenta etc. This section wasn't here when I home birthed so there is so much more that I've learnt since.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have asked that the cord was left to finish pulsating before it was cut (I think it was left for about 10 mins). Apart from that, there's not much that I would have changed.

Have you seen this: https://www.homebirth.org.uk/plan.htm? Also, search on this section as I'm sure others have posted their plans (just for a bit of inspiration). x

thanks hun i will take a look with DH tomorrow and write birthing plan as not got long left now :D

Why do they inspect the home? to check its big enough/clean enough? After all your bringing baby home to the same environment.

Why do they inspect the home? to check its big enough/clean enough? After all your bringing baby home to the same environment.

They just need to check that in case of emergency the ambulance crew would have enough room to get a stretcher to you. Unless you were living in a real rat hole then they wouldn't comment on the cleanliness/tidyness of your home. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->