Questions TTC after Mirena

Atlmommy37

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 37 and TCC post Mirena. I had it removed it removed three weeks ago. I have yet to have any post removal bleeding. I'm wondering how everyone learned all the ins and outs of charting. I feel so lost. First I would like to know if I started to take my temp now; would it be possible for me to know when AF is coming? The not knowing is killing me. I have loved reading everyone's post. I'm so excited to get to know all of you!

Welcome Atlemom, I too was on Mirena, I started charting right after as well. I got the basal temp thermometer and in there was a book of charts to use, so I filled it up 6 months worth. I wasn't ovulating so my family doc did the day 3 & 21 estrogen/progesterone tests and referred me to a fc. Then i got on the path that many others here are on.
I hope things are easy for you. I like basal temping to know when AF is coming, it'll def go down but I don't use it to see my peak ovulation time. once you see a peak, you've already ovulated. Try using ovulation tests for this. I got a clear blue easy fertility monitor off ebay for $80 + some cheapie sticks for it. Ebay is also a great place for HPT. I've found FRER's to be the most sensitive but some people don't mind waiting a little longer for the cheapie dollar store kinds. :dust: to you!

Thank you so much. I would love a quick turn around. But seeing as it's been almost a month with nothing I'm a little worried. My gyn won't even see me until after six weeks. So, I'll just have to wait.

I had a marina - had it for 3 cycles..... ( 5 years at a time for the first 2 then about 3 or 4 years before having it removed )

I was about 6 weeks before my period came then they came back totally normal after that - I charted too...

I also had the Mirena. I didn't have any post removal bleed. It took about 6 weeks to get my AF back. My AF is super light now compared to before the Mirena, so I'm wondering I'm still not quite back to where I should be or if this is just the difference in getting older. (I had the Mirena for almost 4 years.) My doctor told that it can take up to 6 months to get back to a "normal" cycle.

I personally think charting is really helpful. I had no idea how ignorant I was about my body until I started this process this time. My ob suggested to me the Toni Weschler book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I found it to be immensely helpful. It explains everything you could want to know about BBT, CM and CP. It also talks about suggestions to try to get pg (or not if that is the goal of the reader). It comes with charts you can use. I'm a big fan.

You can start to take your temps now, but you won't be able to use that info to know you are going to O. You will likely be able to tell after the fact. Checking your CM or using OPKs are really the only way to know before you O. The temps confirm that you have O'ed and let you know either that you are pg (18 consecutive high temps) or that you are about to get af (a drop in temp). After you have charted a couple of months you may be able to see a pattern and use the temp to help predict O, but that will take some time.

I hope you have a short wait for O so you can get working on BD'ing!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->