Quick dinner ideas for lo!

Scottish mum

Reaction score
My lo is 11 months! He gets things like sandwhiches, egg, quiche, fish fingers, fruit, pasta, beans, baked potatoe and if I'm on shifts he will have a cow gate meal which he likes.

My mil is looking after lo this eve and I want to leave something that's easy and something she can feed him as I'll leave some finger foods too !!

Any ideas?

Pasta and pesto (just watch the salt content)
Pitta pizza
Omlette
Beans on toast
Scrambled eggs

My LO loves fish so when iam in a rush I cook her a little fillet of fish in the microwave (I just get the frozen white fish fillets) and one of those bags of frozen steam veggies :thumbup:
Ever since we started weaning I've been freezing leftovers in little Tupperware boxes, so when my mum looks after LO on a Thursday the night before I just get two out to defrost (lunch and dinner) and mum can just warm them in the microwave. I just cook a little bit extra each time and then I get two or three freezer meals for the stash. Anything like spag Bol, casserole, even roast dinner :thumbup:

Thanks!
Pitta pizza sounds yum! I've looked beans and toast out lol when I'm off next week I'm going to put stuff in the freezer for him. X

- Pasta with tuna (in spring water, no salt) and peas
- Rice with beans and/or chick peas and tomatoes and a little chilli spice, served with yoghurt
- Pasta or tortellini with tinned tomatoes and Italian spices (add olives, capers, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes is desired)
- whole grain porridge with pears and plums stewed in a little apple juice
- sweet potato mash, peas and steamed salmon (takes 30 minutes for the mash but very little prep time)
- "cheats" Ministrone: tin of tomatoes, tin of baked beans, some pasta or rice, a courgette, Italian spices all cooked until the courgette and rice/pasta is soft

Stalking too, my poor baby eats the same 4-5 things all the time 😔

Stalking too, my poor baby eats the same 4-5 things all the time ��

I thought it was just me! I find this age to be so hard becuase he is growing out of purees, but he has a hard time chewing and swallowing most finger foods. There's only a few things he will eat, so he just gets them over and over.

Editing to add: Ds has recently discovered grilled cheese sandwich. I cut it into little pieces and it seems to go over well.

My lo loves meatballs and pasta!

Potato waffles
Chicken, homemade wedges and beans
Soup
Baked potato and cheese
Anything on toast
Ham and cous cous with veg

X

Sometimes I give him a little buffet like fruit, cheese, sandwhiches, raisins and he loves it.

I've cut up ham and mashed it with potatoe and added cheese it's yummy. My problem is I work long hour but do get 4 days off in between my shift but when I work lo eats things that don't need preparation like quiche but I do feel awful x

invest in a slow cooker! i put mine on at 10am & we go out for the day, come dinner its cooked! yay!!

lastnight LO had cod in cheese sauce with peas & carrots & potatos.. she had her portion & i put the rest in freezer in portion sizes. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->