• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Quick question - it's getting me stressed!

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Did any of you chose to formula feed from birth/very early days and feel extremely guilty?
I breast fed Isabelle and I am considering ff Eliza.
But the thought of putting plastic onto my babies mouth and feeding her artificial milk really makes me feel bad.
How do I overcome this guilt and realise that ff is actually ok?!

The funny thing is my daughter who was bf has several allergies/intolerances, was in and out of hospital monthly and has eczema.
Non of my friends have breast fed - their children have no allergies & not one of them has ever been to hospital. So I know genuinely it makes no massive difference & you couldn't pick out a bf child from a group of children I just feel guilty and feel people will look at me like I'm a bad mom?

I didn't go through any guilt, but I went straight to formula with my daughter. There's nothing wrong with it, and if it's what you want to do then go for it. I know I certainly don't care that *my* mother chose formula over breast with me - she fed me, which is what ultimately mattered. (My daughter also has no allergies and has only had to go to the doctor once for a bad diaper rash - otherwise perfectly healthy and happy)

If anyone gives you grief over it, tell them to shove off and mind their own business. You're the parent, and it's your child. :flower:

I went straight to ff with my son because he wouldn't latch and he was screaming so I didn't know what else to do. I felt extremely guilty thinking I was such a failure and that people were going to judge.

Well some judged, other's didn't and for a while it got to me but now I look back and think, no-one can tell my son was ff compared to bf. I did what was best for us and it's no-one else's business how I fed him, the important thing is I did!

Formula is not harmful. The only thing that formula doesn't have compared to breast milk is antibodies.

I tried breast feeding for a week but truly hated it.I was crying at every feed and spent the rest of the time dreading the next one.

Moving to formula has meant a much happier mum and baby. I'm glad I tried but it wasn't what was best for my family.

Feeding is a very personal choice and it's most important that you're happy with your decision.

I use to dread my daughter waking because I hated breast feeding that much - the minute she had formula we we're both happier (apart from the struggle we had with he reflux and allergies)
My partner is 100% supportive of the decision I make - as is all my family. They actually tell me they wish I wouldn't fb as they saw what I went through with Isabelle.

I just read the ingredient list on formula and think what the hell! It looks like so much that I don't have a clue what it is!

Don't panic too much about the ingredient list, even something like orange juice looks awful. Gave a look at this link for a banana.

https://jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/ingredients-of-an-all-natural-banana/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->