quick question

coccyx

Reaction score
Don't wish to be ageist but are there any older ladies on here? Feels a bit lonely in the 40 and over club!:loopy:

Im 38 next month and i know what you mean, lol!!! hpw far along are you?Im 9 weeks today, hurray, with my first. Overjoyed and so happy its finally happened :)

ok, so not quite 40 and over but can i still join your club? :)

All welcome! I am nearly 41 years old and 27 weeks with baby number 4. Hope all is going well with you. So far,touch wood, I have had no problems with pregnancy apart from usual things like nausea, overwhelming tiredness,heartburn etc etc. No major problems as predicted by silly doctor. He said 'geriatric' mothers should prepare themselves for gestational diabetes, need for doppler scans, high blood pressure and so on. :dohh:

Its good to hear from someone who's not 21 as it gives me a more realistic picture of things.. as you were saying- bad things can happen but they dont have to!!!!!

My mum lives abroad, and im the only one amongst our friends to have a baby so i really rely on this site, you know.. that sounded a bit sad but it helps to talk to likeminded people, thats all.. :)

Im having a scan and 'genetic counselling' next friday so i expect to hear all about being a geriatric mum then. Geriatric- nice! :):)

I have to say ive been very lucky as well. No nausea, nothing really. Boobs a bit sore, feel very peckish and a few moodswings but nothing really to write home about... cannot wait to go to the scan and get everything checked and verified.. 1st trimester is a bit nervewracking and dear i say it boring, does that make sense?

Once you get to 12/14 weeks I think you can relax more. Best bit is the buying stage, and as its your first even more shopping to be done. Must be quite exciting looking out for changes in your body that you have not experienced before, I know it was when I had my first. Hope all goes well with your scan.:hi:

I'm not 40 but my mom was 42 when she had me and DH's mom was 42 when she had his little sister (she's now five!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->