!!!! Quick Question !!!!

HopefulTTC2

Dropping The Pounds(;
Reaction score
Honest, what's a realistic amount of weight to lose in a week? 7 day 2 hour gym exercise, 1,000 calorie intake.

What can I expect to lose a week?

My fantasy goal is 50 pounds lost by Christmas. Again fantasy/: Lol!!!!

I'm 5'4, 170 pounds.

Thanks guys!!!!

I've heard of people losing up to 7 pounds in one week, but they were on a really strict all natural diet. There are a lot of people I know who decided to eat a very natural diet (no processed foods), and they noticed a big difference in their weight by just doing that.

One thing I recommend that you do is take measurements. Most people notice bigger differences in their size rather than their weight loss, because exercise builds muscle which weighs more than fat. For best results combine cardio with weight training.

Good luck with your weight loss, I'm sure you will do great! :winkwink:

Honestly... a realistic weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Sure u could lose more by fad dieting but u will not keep this off... 1-2 pounds is healthy weight loss that will stay off.

up to 2 lbs is a healthy weight loss weekly to help maintain that loss. Exercise wise, to lose 1 lb of fat you need to burn 3500 calories, so depending on how much you burn off at the gym will be what you lose along with diet, but you have to remember to let your body recover one day, so 6 days would be better I think. and remember that muscle weighs more than fat so to measure like someone else suggested. xx

I agree with the above really. 1-2 pounds a week is a healthy loss. I think I lost 52 pounds in 7 months of my weight loss journey. I lost more quickly in the very beginning (shedding water weight) and than it evened out to the 1-2 pounds a week, sometimes 3 on an off week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->