Quitting artificial sweeteners

Beckettshades

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I'm trying to but finding it in really surprising things. Any tips? X

I have been trying to eat clean for a while now, including cutting out cane sugar as well as artificial sweeteners.

Its all about re training your tastebuds and meeting the sweet cravings with healthy alternatives. If you want some recipes, let me know...

I avoid artificial sweeteners as a general rule, they are in tons of stuff though. I don't pick up anything that says "sugarfree" or "low sugar" and I'm suspicious of anything with super low or 0 calories.

I was in the supermarket earlier and found it really hard to find a sweetener free yogurt x

For yoghurt, buy full fat greek yoghurt that is naturally sugar free (brands will be different there but read the ingredients, it should say milk and cultures and thats basically it!)

I'll post one recipe at a time if thats ok, in between feeds and naps etc lol

First recipe..... "caramel sauce" (get ready because this will change your life!!!) soak a handful of dates in hot water, enough to sort of cover them. Leave them overnight and in the morning they should have absorbed all of the water. If theres too much water tip some out but set it aside in case you need to add some back in. Use a stick blender or food processor to blitz it until its smooth and it makes the most AMAZING caramel sauce! Like seriously delicious. You can add a sprinkle of salt to make "salted caramel" which is really yummy and a bit trendy at the moment. You could add anything really. Cacao powder, cinnamon. It is so good on top of natural yoghurt or natural pancakes (I'll post that recipe next), anything really...

As you know I don't eat dairy or soya and the easiest way is to make everything from scratch. I eat very little processed food now.

You can try 100% dates molasses, I use it to sweeten DS smoothies. I use raw honey as a sweetener or pure organic maple syrup. I also have coconut syrup but I think it's too processed.

Thanks everyone!! Looking in to all suggestions. Struggling with quick breakfast ideas though- usually eat cereal x

Or I make porridge. I put oats coconut milk frozen berries and sometimes a little agave syrup and put in microwave x

Home made muesli, chia pudding is also yummy.

For the muesli it is oat, walnuts, shaved almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, coconut oil, dates molasses/ raw honey/ maple syrup & cinnamon powder. Mix all ingredients then bake in the oven, take it out every 5 mins for a mix, I needs around 20-25 mins. Once it is ready take it out then add dried fruits if you like. You can also add some seeds like chia, flaxseed or hemp seeds. It is yummy with almond or coconut milk.

I make almond milk & coconut milk at home

Chia pudding is almond milk in a bowl with 1sp of chia, mix & leave it in the fridge for 1 hr or over night. Garnish with shredded coconut & whatever raw nuts you like, sweeten with honey or dates molasses

You joining me pen? Well so far so good today- and dinner is ratatouille with whole meal pasta, cooked from scratch (assuming I can keep L from pinching all the pepper) x

Here is a FAB clean eating site with loads of yummy recipes. Everything I've tried so far has been delish! I'm not 100% yet- may never be, but I don't do artifial sweetners- that does take a load of reading ingredients and finding shops that sell more organic products-- but even those have white sugar most of the time. Some use honey or coconut palm sugar though (which is a great sub for white sugar and I enjoy the flavor as much).

btw- there is a dark chocolate bar recipe on here- and made right, it's YUM! And for sure takes care of my chocolate cravings ;)

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->