Quitting smoking?

Fallen8905

My 2 cats and my pooch!
Reaction score
I know this is a baby forum etc and you shouldn't smoke it's bad especially when ttc! But I was wondering if anyone else is quitting smoking.

This is my first day and the cravings aren't that bad but I can't stop coughing :(

I'm doing it slowly, I got an electronic cigarette and I'm smoking that like there's no tommorow, but I'm cutting down the amount of nicotine in it (you buy various strength fluids to put in it). I'm also cutting down slowly on the real fags, just...slowly! I'm now down to two a day. I was on 15-20 A day at the beginning of january. I've GOT to quit by the thirteenth though, because I'm having a operation on march 13 th and you have to stop a month before. So I'm running out of time, any tips to quit completey??

I just think smoking wont make my cough better lol...

Some tips I have is when you have a craving

Call someone
Play a game (online game etc)
Have a hobby (I do cross stitching so my hands are busy)
Chat on here or browse the net
Do a household task you know something you should do but haven't got round to it yet

I also stroke my cat when I have a craving lol

I'm trying to quit, I've quit a few times for 2-4 weeks but always seem to end up smoking again!
I tried the e cig like Heffalump but the novelty of it ended up wearing off -.- I'm ttc too so I definitely need to quit :dohh: just a very hard process!
Good luck hun, keep it up :)

Yeh it is difficult this is my second time quitting and on my 3rd day now! What gets me is the coughing! I just can't stop coughing all day and night!! :(

That's good though everything will be coming out of your system, it should stop soon x

i need to quit too! i've been thinking about calling a quitting help line. from what i've seen (haven't really looked into all that much) you can get free nicotene gum or patches. i'm not too sure tho!
a lot of relaxing. get massages from your man or soak in the tub. have some spa time when you crave.
eat healthy too. like for the oral fixiation part of addiction you can chew sugar free gum or carrot sticks.
we all know it'll be really bad goin cold turkey AND pregnant.
good luck to us!

Congrats to everyone who's quitting! I just came across this thread and wanted to share what I did that helped. I was a pack a day smoker for nearly 10 years and I quit off and on. I quit for good over 3 years ago and haven't gone back.

I bought the book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Alan Carr. I think it's pretty cheap, but I don't remember. It's a great book and really helps. I also spent a lot of time on whyquit.com and their message boards. I believe the message board is what helped me the most. There are a lot of very supportive people there. I was almost sad to not be addicted anymore and have to leave them! :haha:

Good luck. It's a bit of a struggle at first, but it really does get better (though I know you don't believe me).

I've been trying to quit with no success. Every time I quit for a few days and then I get into a fight with my hubby and I buy another back. I only smoke one or two day (my son keeps me busy during the day) but I always want a cig going to and from work. I just don't know how to beat this habit!!!

Congrats to everyone who's quitting! I just came across this thread and wanted to share what I did that helped. I was a pack a day smoker for nearly 10 years and I quit off and on. I quit for good over 3 years ago and haven't gone back.

I bought the book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking by Alan Carr. I think it's pretty cheap, but I don't remember. It's a great book and really helps. I also spent a lot of time on whyquit.com and their message boards. I believe the message board is what helped me the most. There are a lot of very supportive people there. I was almost sad to not be addicted anymore and have to leave them! :haha:

Good luck. It's a bit of a struggle at first, but it really does get better (though I know you don't believe me).

I read the same book - more 15 years later after reading same book...I'm smoke free :D

One sister gave up the same way (book) like me. Two sisters and ny dad have found the 'pretend' fags to be working for them though?

Good luck!!

I quit by getting a subscription of Chantix. It worked for me. It's been almost a year and a half now and I don't think about going back at all

I really want to quit, I haven't started yet though. I work in the restaurant industry which is notorious for everyone smoking.

I bought this book called The Easy Way to Quit Smoking which has awesome reviews, I just need to sit down and read it.

My plan is to have quit smoking by the time my husband gets back from deployment, I just need some willpower!

I have gone over 6 weeks not smoking! :) i feel so much better and healthier!! My husband quit yesterday and is using patches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->