Quitting Smoking??

Elli21

Reaction score
Any trying atm??

Ive set myself a date etc, just wondered if anyone else is doing it too?? And would like to be a little support group??

:flower:

Not a smoker myself but the best of luck to you!

Just wanted to send lots of good luck, OH is 2 weeks into quitting, he's using the tablets from the doctors and hasn't even had cravings yet :thumpup:

Hope your sucessful:)

Lots of luck!!! I'm sure you can do it!! Lots of :hugs: in advance!

My DF quit 1 month and 1 week ago with no tablets or anything - he's doing so well!! :happydance:

Be prepared for mood swings though. One minute he's perfectly fine and the next he's yelling about how much he hates everyone and wants cigarettes followed by storming off "to the f***** shop to buy some"
(which roughly translates as "storming off to the car to do deep breaths and talk himself out of going to the shop") He always comes back as cheerful as ever a few minutes later.

Your parents/partner/etc will need to be very patient cos arguing with the nicotine craving monster that lives in your head isn't a good idea - I tried it, I regret it!! :blush: But now I don't care how mad he gets as long as he's doing what he wants and he's healthy at the end of it.

I'd like to wish you the best of luck :) Eat a lot of sugar free fum, its healthy and takes the edge off according to my dad so good luck :)

Good Luck with quitting :) i had my last one on the 3rd of April this year and havent had one since. Didnt use anything just got sick of it. My boyfriend had the tablets from the dr's he did one month then went back to smoking. He recently had holidays from work and quit for the 2 weeks but he is back to it again....it's the alcohol and coffee that does it to him and rather then stay away from that he continues to drink it so 4 packets of patches later apparently this is his last packet and last six pack....lol yeah right :) make sure you change your habits that go with smoking, so if you associate a smoke with coffee or a drink dont have alcohol or coffee etc. Confuse your brain lol you'll find it alot easier :)

Best of luck to you all!

My hubby has quit a few times and bless him he's very good, no mood swings or anything. He just gets fed up of it.

We've had a stressful time and he started smoking as a stress reliever (I was being bullied at work while pregnant) instead of thumping someone. He keeps saying that he's close to quitting again as it's pretty much sorted now and bubs is nearly here. I don't nag him to quit, it's his decision but he gets very uncomfortable that he may smell/taste of smoke and he's the one that doesn't like it! I hope it's soon though....I hate to see him destroying his health!

Im cutting down to 5 on monday, i have tried to give up so many times and have failed but im getting sick of it and smoking 20+ whilst pregnant is not something i am proud of atall :nope: Im gonna be sooo moody heehee but it will be worth it if i can stop for good!! Anyone got any ideas for nice boiled sweets i could get to have instead? im going to the health shop monday morning to get a few bits like banana chips and yogurt covered cranberrys aswell

Hey huni, That's me at about 3 weeks now. I'd stopped for 1 year but then went through a rough patch and caved in for a month. So now it will be 3 weeks this sunday. And yes..I've been a monster as it doesn't help when your trying to lose weight and get pregnant mentaly, but it does you great in the long run! x

Good luck! :happydance::hugs::thumbup:

Just try to distract yourself as much as possible. If you're craving, go for a walk or do some chores. Even if the house is spotless! I find that it really keeps my mind of it when I do some chores or take the kids to the park. You will definitely have mood swings but it is worth it in the end! Your body will thank you for it.

I quit while I was pregnant with Isis, at 6 and half months. I haven't touched a cigarette since, went cold turkey after smoking since I was 12 (25 now). This is the longest I have gone without and won't be going back. The smell is now disgusting and turns my stomach (never thought that would EVER happen). Glad we did though! (DH quit at the same time).

Wishing you all the best!!! You CAN do it! :D :flower:

Elli21 -when is your quit date?

Me and DH both stopped last Monday -now day 12 - and haven't killed any-one yet lol.

I have gone cold turkey, DH is using gum.

I had a few very stressful days to begin with and was very crabbit, with everyone but it passed and I am missing it less n less all the time. You need to break all the habits associated with smoking. I dont drink coffee any more -a coffee without a ciggie for me was torture lol.

I haven't had a good drink yet (although did have a glass of champagne last week and a couple of vodkas at weekend and was fine) -that will be hard. but then I am so determined to be smoke free for ttc in a few months.
Once I am pg it will be much easier of course too, i have always stopped smoking prior to each pregnancy, fell pg quickly and then couldn't stand the smell /taste yuk!!
Just cannot believe that EACH time after finished BF-ing ( and returning to work incidently) I stared smoking again. NOT THIS TIME!!

we are putting the money away too - that's my fund to cover my mat leave when my unpaid leave kicks in - I can take 26 weeks paid, and then up to 13 weeks SMP only and 13 weeks unpaid leave, but couldn't afford that without savings (so that should be minimum £800 by the time we start ttc and another £2000 minimum - if I fall pg straight away - by time paid mat leav starts)
So thats a very tempting offer -£2800 towards extra time off with my LO to stop smoking/ smell better/ prolong life/ prevent illness OR keep smoking and go back to work earlier, smelling of smoke and witht the chance of developing illness lol.

Best of luck, when you do start to stop, and remember if you do fall off the wagon, keep trying. Nevr give up, giving up. It will be worth it in the end.

Hi,
I quit smoking on the 1st Sept- not craved at all! I read this book 'Allen Carr's Easyway'. It is really good. My OHs aunty smoked for 20 years and read the book - she quit and never craved a cig again.
Anyone trying to quit, i reccomend this book. It makes it easy to quit! I never want to smoke again.

Good luck all

Hello, I quit smoking after 14 years. My last cigarette was 29th May 2009(the day before my wedding) I did it on will power alone. Because I never smoked in front of my parents or OH, I found it easier. Is there a place where you don't smoke?? Spend a lot of time there! I found having a goal helped, and also setting a day and sticking to it. I didn't tell anyone I was doing it, which helped relieve the pressure.

Good luck!!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back