Quotes from wedding venues

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Hello!

(I know there is a wedding section but need the opinion of people who have got married, I think!)

We are currently in love with one wedding venue. We have visited and have put together a package which we think we are provisionally happy with. The hotel have provided a quote.

Now... I love to haggle and to get a bargain :haha: but how do you do this for a venue quote? Can I? The price quoted is good (around £1400 for 90 guests evening finger buffet reception), I just want it to be cheaper as I love a bargain :haha:

Has anyone haggled before? What was your technique? Or would you see it as cheeky? :shrug:

Cheers! x

Honestly, I don't know how you could get it that cheaply anyway! That's a very good price, what does that include? I think the trick is not to get the price down but to get more things included.

Honestly, I don't know how you could get it that cheaply anyway! That's a very good price, what does that include? I think the trick is not to get the price down but to get more things included.

Thanks! It is pretty basic:

80 adults finger buffet (6 items)
10 kids buffet
Room hire (with lovely views of town, a nice town honest :haha: ). Room also has a separate bar area which would be ours 9basically we would take up the top floor of the small hotel)
Room for bride and groom for wedding night

Does not include:
Decorations
DJ (dont want the hotels)

Not sure what we could have "thrown in" for free, unless we change our mind about the DJ. x

That's a very good price, I don't know it's fair to bargain in down even more. May be worth asking for more food though, six items doesn't sound like much!

That seems like a very good price to me

thou I would say the buffet seems a bit little do you mean 6 different items of food? Not just 6 pieces per guest?

That seems like a very good price to me

thou I would say the buffet seems a bit little do you mean 6 different items of food? Not just 6 pieces per guest?

6 different items. The reception starts at 5, and the ceremony is at 3 (not all the guests are going to it though). So people would have eaten before they come to the reception (I think anyway). I was going to ask for pictures of a buffet actually set out to see how much it looked like. I might add a few more items. x

What do you mean by 6 items? Would that be like 6 sausage rolls?

Honestly, I'd say that sounds like a fairly good deal. They wouldn't be able to throw in a DJ for that kind of money as they'd end up losing out. But you can always try asking for decorations or whatever? I think you've done well with what you have though.

Its deffo 6 different items, like tarts, chicken skewers etc. Additional items are £2 each per person.
How about desserts? They do desserts with their fork buffet, could always ask to have a few of those and then round up the price to £1500? Can you round up? Clueless! :haha:

Hmmm I would say the food is pretty basic I know your saying people would have eaten before but a guessing they ain't going to be going home in time for dinner? If that makes sense? I'd maybe try and thicken the food up a bit more if possible

They do bacon/sausage/fried egg/veg baps as part of another package. I could include those? with chips? (I know its not posh or anything but neither are we :haha: ) Thanks for the help btw :flower:

(The room if anyones interested :haha: Brown doors open up and thats where the dance floor will be, entrance to bar is to the right of the brown doors)

https://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/max300/624/6245069.jpg

Thats ok I'm far from posh and I would be well impressed if I went to a wedding that had chips lol

What does the other package cost?

our wedding is having chips :D

chips for the kids along with nuggets, hotdogs and burgers as we are having a bbq menu for the adults with pasta salad etc

and then after party food is pizza and chips :D

its so me and my oh!

Theres a fork buffet for £1800 (inc DJ) Not so keen on fork buffet as you get more choice with a finger buffet. The baps are included in a full package that includes the wedding breakfast (which we are not having as too expensive and formal). Might email and ask what if we have the baps, chips, plus 4 of the finger buffet options.

That is really cheap and I don't think you will get a better deal than that!

Definitely go back to them (I work in a hotel and have spent time in sales - weddings!) thank them for the quote, but you were wondering about .... (Then list some other bits that you might like instead of something else or as well as, also is there anything that can be done with the room decoration wise - they might have candles etc that they would include) and is that the best rate they can give you - there is no harm in asking!!! I also always email as I don't feel as cheeky then!! xx

I always email too haha! I would try get some other stuff thrown in rather than something knocked off :) 6 items doesn't sound much to me either xx

p.s were having hot/cold buffet for wedding breakfast then sausage sarnies at about 8 or something :D xx

I would recommend the bap suggestion. For ours, a few months ago, we had the sit down meal at 4.30pm, which was a 4 course meal, yet by 10pm, after everyone had had a fair bit to drink, they demolished our buffet. Which was a finger buffet (sandwiches, sausage/veggie rolls, quiche etc), our cake, and a 'desert buffet' that I had made myself. It was pretty much a candy buffet that also had brownie, mini tarts, tray bakes etc.

And there was nothing left come the end of the night.

And I'm quite posh, I'm a snob, I know I am. But I'd be so happy if a buffet came with chips. That would make drunk me VERY happy.

The price works out at about 16.50 adults and half that fir kids which is a pretty fair price but you might be able to get a few extras. My thoughts are always if you dint ask you won't know. Our reception cost £2000 for three course meal for 50, evening buffet (6items plus sandwiches) for 100, dj, welcome drink if hot mulled wine (free upgrade from bucks fizz), private bar and the bridal suite for one night which they also opened for me to use to get ready from 9 in morning. Rather than haggling on price try to get extras thrown in but if you can afford it and it's the venue you really want then it's a good price. Our venue was an old listed building hotel and was the only thing I wouldn't compromise, we cut other expenses like buying second hand dress to afford it but it was worth it.

I agree that's a great price and extras are easier to haggle rather than the price.

I will warn you though 6 pieces doesn't sound much so expect people to disappear in the evening to mcdonalds (we did this once we were starving and I was worried we'd end up too drunk on an empty stomach!) while people will have had lunch 6 chicken sweepers wouldn't fill me up.

Beautiful venue by the way !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->