Race for Life?

Pearls18

Reaction score
Anybody doing it this year? I'm just doing the 5k in Hyde Park, running is very new to me but wanted a small goal to give me something to aim for without too much pressure! I think my hubby is chuffed as he is just starting to run competitively, I'm not quite at his ability yet though haha. I know Race for Life is quite a chilled out thing....let me pretend I'm a marathon runner haha :D anyone else doing/done it?

I did the one by me a few years ago :)
I raced for my Grandad (before he died) it was wonderful to do, with all these other women, it was an incredible feeling and we raised money!

xx

I did race for life in 2007, it was just a few weeks after Honey died and a few months after my Gran died from cancer. It was really my first time out in public and it sort of felt empowering even though it was 'just' a 5k run.

I did the British 10k in 2008, and then Great South and Great Birmingham run last year, this year it's a walk (moonwalk, you know the one in your bra :rofl: ) and I feel you get a massive sense of achievement when you do these things for charity :D

Good luck lovely. When is it?

Not rave for life but I am doing moonwalk, before this I did the Bournemouth 10k xx

I did it a few years ago and doing the muddy race for life this year in memory of my mum who died of cancer 2 1/2 years ago. I don't run at all so should be interesting... Lol

I did the Race for Life last year, with my friend who had just finished her last round of chemo. I didn't run (I can barely run 5 metres :blush:), I wore my DD (who was 10 weeks then in a carrier so I had an excuse to walk thankfully lol. I'm not doing it this year but would like to in the future, it was a nice experience and great to raise some money for a good cause :)

I'm planning on doing it this year in memory of my dad that died of cancer 16 months ago. I wanted to do it last year but had only just given birth and was in no fit state.

OH and my brother wanted to do it as well but on the website it says women and children only :(

It's July 27th I think although they said it's provisional, hubby is doing the London 10k on the 14th so hope they don't change it to that.

It's poignant for me this year due to my step-auntie just finding out she has breast cancer.

Apologies Tasha for saying "just" 5k I only said that as I know we have a lot of keen runners on here and didn't want to appear too cute lol but 5k is a big distance for me as I'm new to running and will have to work my way up to it!!

I wonder why it's only women and children???

I'm planning on doing it this year in memory of my dad that died of cancer 16 months ago. I wanted to do it last year but had only just given birth and was in no fit state.

OH and my brother wanted to do it as well but on the website it says women and children only :(

Men can do the moonwalk! 26.2miles x

Not rave for life but I am doing moonwalk, before this I did the Bournemouth 10k xx

Well done you on doing the moon walk, my mum did it last year and it sounded very hard going, hope it goes well. I hope to build myself up to a 10k next year!

It's July 27th I think although they said it's provisional, hubby is doing the London 10k on the 14th so hope they don't change it to that.

It's poignant for me this year due to my step-auntie just finding out she has breast cancer.

Apologies Tasha for saying "just" 5k I only said that as I know we have a lot of keen runners on here and didn't want to appear too cute lol but 5k is a big distance for me as I'm new to running and will have to work my way up to it!!

I wonder why it's only women and children???

No apologises needed :D It wasnt a dig at all at what you'd written, I didnt even notice that.

I did the 5k in 07, 10k in 08 (that was six weeks after a c section :dohh:) and then didnt run at all until last year, and went straight in at 13.1 miles. On the last massive hill, I just kept repeating to myself Im going to die over and over :haha: So yeah def build up.

I have no idea why just women and children but I believe there are men only ones, they just arent as popular. Moonwalk me and my hubby are doing this year and he is wearing the bra :haha:

It's probably because men would make it too competitive :haha:

Plus they have movember and not many of us women can join in with that :haha:

Is the moonwalk located in various towns? I've googled it and can only find one in London :shrug:

Not many locations have them, London has one, Edinburgh (I think), NYC and maybe one or two more but the only England one is London x

:(people travel all over to go! It's due to health and saftey amd policing. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->