• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random breast pump question...

bubbles82

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

Still 4 weeks til my due date but hoping to breast feed, and trying to ensure I have whatever I need ready for whatever might happen. I have got bottles and steriliser ready for if it doesn't work out, and a Medela swing electric pump in case I decide to express at all. I was just wondering if anyone who does express and has an electric pump at home has found they needed or made good use of a manual pump as well? I know it probably sounds silly, but wondered if it was maybe handy to have a small manual pump in the changing bag just in case while I'm out with baby?

I rarely pump unless I need to leave lo which is rare because I hate pumping and I get really anxious when she's not with me so a manual pump is all ive used. They are handy especially if you need it when out and about if your away from lo or not comfortable nursing in public. I wasn't at first but ive gotten over it.

Pumping when out with baby just sounds like hassle.

If you're there and your baby's there then you don't need a pump at all.

I got a handheld pump just to take off the foremilk in the morning as DD has very green poos otherwise. She won't drink from a bottle so my medela swing doesn't get any use!

Also - remember its not good for you or baby to pump/give a bottle before 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->