Random gardening question lol

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Gardening really isn't my sort of thing, I don't know a thing about growing plants :haha: In our new place we've got some nice little flower beds running up the side of the garden, at the moment there's nothing growing in them so they look awful. I want to plant some nice flowers but don't really know what's good for just filling out a flower bed. Something nice and colourful and easy to maintain would be ideal. Any suggestions?

Nasturtiums are really, really easy to grow. They fill out a lot of space have big green leaves and beautiful red flowers. The only problem is, they seem to attract little aphid type things, but cutting them back helps and they grow back again.

Dafodils, pansys, snow drops, fuscias, are all good and we like the mixed wild flower seed boxes as the flowers are lovely, hycienths and lavender also good. If you look on seed packet it will tell you best place to put and also time of year. At the moment the dafodils are out in our garden. If you go to garden centre they are happy to show you what is best for your garden ( lopk at things like soil is it like clay or dry and also in shade, partual shade or sunlight)

I'm not sure what hardiness zone your in (I think the UK is zone 7 or 8). I would try to find perennial plants that are hardy to that zone. Meaning they will tolerate a specific low temperature and will come back up year after year and you won't have to replant them every year. Check this out...

https://www.greatgardenplants.com/index.php?pageId=471

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->