random question

S

Siyren

obv we're a long way off this, as lyssa's current car seat with fit her until she's around 6.

but do you have to stop using a harness and start using and adult seat belt on a FF high backed booster at the age of 4, or can you use the harness for longer?

i heard its safest fro children to have a 5 point harness until thet are atleast 8, but i cant find anywhere that does this.

thanks x

I think you can use it for as long as you like. But we stopped using it about six months ago with Madeleine, because she got too big for it.

i used the harness on jacks seat until he was almost 6

erin and dylan have been in boosters with the car seatbelt since they were 3 1/2

Amy is quite tall and has a booster seat with the car seat belt. An 8 year old being strapped in by 5 point harness?! Never heard of that.

I stopped using the 5point harness when my son stopped having tantrums in the car when he didnt want to sit still as he would push his bum forward on the seat. Sometimes I would litteraly have to fold him into the seat when he didnt want to go in the car so obviously had to keep the 5point harness when he was doing that.
He was nearly 4.

I researched this recently and found that it is safest to keep your kid in a 5 point harness for as long as possible and if they still fit in the seat. My daughter (8 and 55 pounds) just grew out if her 5 pt harness by height. It was the Britax Frontier, I think that is the biggest seat they make for 5 pt. I finally put her in a booster because I had to. My 6 year old, 45 pound just moved into the Frontier and I expect she will be in it another 2 years!

Keep your kids harnassed for as long as possible!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->