Rant:regarding middle name

mrs owl

Reaction score
Sorry ladies a bit of a rant.
So ever since I was a very young child I always wanted to use the middle name "Rose". My mothers name is Rosemary some people call her Rose.

Shock horror when I met my OH and found out his daughter had the middle name Rose - I was a bit sad but still determined to use the name for our future child too but now my SIL just had a baby and used the name Rose as a middle name too :sulk: so now I'm definitely not using it. My mother said when she heard the middle name of her new granddaughter she knew I would be disappointing as I have ALWAYS wanted to use it.

I know I shouldn't be sad over a baby that I don't have yet's name but this year it seems like a baby boom on facebook or everyone is getting married. I knew this would happen as I approached 26:growlmad:

Hey lovely!

I can totally understand you being upset over the name of a baby you do not have yet, I am not pregnant yet either but would be devastated if our chosen name Florence or her chosen middle name Wren was used by a friend or family member as Florence has always been our chosen name since starting ttc in 2006 and is my grans middle name so is after her. The middle name Wren is a more recent addition, in the last few years but is after my mum and I would be equally upset if this were used.

Although, I do think it is different for a middle name, ok maybe not for a unique middle name, but for a very common one such as Rose I wouldn't worry so much, so if I were you I would still use it especially as it has meaning behind it.

:flower:

that sucks, if it was just friends i would say you should stick but to have a half sibling and cousin might be a bit much, if you use a slightly different name it could work and the sentement would be just as nice

example:

Rosa (short and sweet)
Rosy
Rosette
Rosalie
Rose-Ann (this flows lovely as a middle name)
Rosemary
Primrose

Aw, sorry. I still think you could use Rose anyway but understand if you don't want to. What about Mary instead? Or Rosemary or Rosie?

I would just use it anyways. It's only a middle name! It's not like it's a first name.

It's hard when friends and family use the name(s) we wanted to use. My mom wanted her first daughter to be Tara and her first son to be Sean. Her brother named his first two daughters Tera and Shawn. No joke. He had no idea, of course, that those were the names my mom loved but there you have it.

I would still use Rose! It's special to you, not just a random pick. I knew a ton of girls growing up with the middle name Leigh or May or Anne. Almost everyone, and it wasn't weird or uncomfortable. Middle names are different, I think. I say go for it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->