Rant :(

suffolksazzle

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

I'm a little ticked off this morning. My line manager had some annual leave this morning so told me she wouldnt be in until 1pm, thats fine. She has just text me saying that she has been in bed all morning with a headache...ok... so I guess she isnt coming in. Problem being is that this is starting to become a regular occurance. She will just randomly come on with a headache and go home for a few days or she will just text saying that she doesnt feel like coming into work. My other colleague is part time and is supposed to start at 11am every day but its nearly midday and she hasnt come in yet. She has always been awful with time keeping but recently she is really taking the piss.

As you can see from my ticker, im 28 weeks pregnant, tired, hormonal, have backache and had a sciatica flare up this morning so im in chronic pain but I still managed to make it into work! Im sick and tired of being dumped on and people taking the piss. How difficult is it for my line manager to pop a paracetamol and come in and for my other colleague to be at work for 11am, I mean, seriously, come on! Ive been here since 8:30 and im running this busy NHS department alone. This has been happening more and more over the last year and im pretty much at breaking point. I cant take them coming and going when ever they like. Just becacuse im the only full timer here and get paid less than the cleaners they think they can take the piss and lump me with everything.

We are currently going through a restructure at work (we will know next month whether we have jobs or not) so I know its srtessful for everyone and no one has any inclination or motivation to be at wotk at these uncertian but we still have a inpatient and outpatient department to run!

Sorry, im just tired and in pain and want to go home as I am GENERALLY unwell but as the other two have decided not to grace me with their presence then I have to sit here until 5pm :(

Not happy. Rant over. Hope your all having a better day than me!

:hugs: Thats awful! It really annoys me when people just dont care - none of us really like work, if we didnt have to be there we wouldnt, but thats no excuse!

You'd think with a restructure they'd be wanting to be there more, proving their value!

Just do what you can do hun and dont push yourself xxx

I just cant get going today - my motivation has gone!

U poor things :( I know exactly how you feel... I'm nearly 34 weeks pregnant and still working more that 50 hours a week, im an office manager and floor manager but for some reason i seem to work more and longer than the other 2 managers in our dept store, (for less money) I'm tired, achy and just not able anymore and if I have to listen to one of them complain about something as simple as a headache I just might deck them one .... The only thing getting me thru now is knowing that I finish up next Friday for hols and straight into maternity leave .... Hope your day flies by hun xxx

Yup this is the same as me. As a general rule, I don't miss work. I'm 32 weeks preggo and have not missed a single day, even through a winter bout of bronchitis. I can't stand it when other people use pregnancy as an excuse to not get on with daily life, so I refused to be that woman. So, when a normal person can't work because of a headache or some sniffles it pisses me off. In my mind it all boils down to a lack of motivation on their part. Good for u or doing the right thing, you are obviously a motivated person to be 28 weeks and still making it into work like your supposed to!!!!

Thanks ladies, I sound really awful and rude saying it out loud but its really rubbed me up the wrong way. Probably just hormones and I should stop being so wingey!

My line manager isnt replying to my texts and my other colleague just text me saying she will be about an hour.

Hmph.

So my line manager finally text back and asked me to cancel her annual leave and put her down as sick today instead. My other colleague has just come in with a peanut butter kitkat chunky, she is forgiven for now!

So my line manager finally text back and asked me to cancel her annual leave and put her down as sick today instead. My other colleague has just come in with a peanut butter kitkat chunky, she is forgiven for now!

Glad she's come in finally - if I were you I'd be playing the pregnant card and get her to run round after you all afternoon!

Haha that would be nice! Ive eaten her 'please forgive me for being late again' chocolate but she can make me a cuppa tea in a minute too lol

pregnant or not i just cant stand it when people abuse their work colleagues.............people are less responsible these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->