Rant

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I'm getting married in about a month and my OH wants his niece to be bridesmaid.
We didn't plan our wedding years in advance but everyone has known for quite a few months. His brother and sister choose to leave it until today (a month before) to bring their daughter up to sort the dress out. Last night they decided to tell me that they thought an adult size dress might not fit her (she's 14) and she might be too cold e.t.c.) I've not really had much to do with his family, but I could see problems....

So today we went to get the dress and shoes. The shoes didn't fit, neither did several other pairs, or they weren't "suitable." They didn't have her size in the dress, but her mum insisted she try on every size they did have in that dress, plus several others incase the fit was the same.
I was starving by this point and just wanted to get home. I ended up just giving them the money to order the right size off the net (I'd sent them the link the night before) and to find some suitable shoes.

Now, they did have a couple of hours drive to get here but they stayed all afternoon, I was sooooo tired by the time they left (I usually have a nap in the afternoon.) I couldn't have dropped more hints if I'd tried!

I fell asleep as soon as they left, only to be woken by a phone call a few hours later saying they'd been on the net to order it and wasn't sure whether to get red or wine. (How about the one off the link I sent?) They don't even do that dress in red, the red one is a slightly different style.

I can't say anything at all because it's my OH's family and the sun shines out of their a$$!

The mum is just sooooo over-protective, to the extent that the kids don't bother to think for themselves anymore because they're used to mum doing it for them. She asked the 14 year old if she needed to have a wee before they left! (Is it just me or should a 14 year old know if they need the toilet?)

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so stressed out and not getting any sympathy off my OH cus he doesn't see a problem!

:hug:

its your wedding and it should be done your way with the dresses you pick..

i was ment to be getting married 6th june 09, but babys is due may 20th 09 lol and i told people if they where bridesmaids they wear the dress in the colour i pick and if they dont like it there not a bridesmaid :rofl:

and because my oh sister was so adimit about being a bridesmaid when i did not want her to be i told her she would have to get her mum to buy the dress :rofl:

id just tell them to get the dress you picked but in her size and if they dont like it then she will just not be able to be a bridesmaid

but big :hug: to you for putting up with it all hun

baaah.. you poor girl. :(
it's good of you to be so calm with them about it, I have an explosive personality and I'd probably snap, so Kudos to you for keeping your cool! :)

I know weddings are so stressful! I hope she gets the correct color! and in time! :)

I agree, props to you for keeping your cool!! I would have surely flipped out, I've always been a bit cranky and pregnancy has not helped that part of my personality one bit! :)

I don't understand how someone could be so stupid; do you WANT your daughter to stand out because she's wearing the wrong colour dress?! Arghh idiots!

Stupid people!!! Hope they do order what you've told them to.

:hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->