Raw afterbirth recovery details please

I had a very easy recovery. Only thing I was freaked about was to me it smelled infected but was told it was normal.

I took a shower a few hours after and that really helped me feel fresh. I had more pain in thighs from the squatting I did then in vagina except when I peed. The 1st degree tear was greatly helped by the peri bottle. I took a 1 hour each way car ride a week after and if you have a tear DO NOT slide your butt as it will reopen.

First few hours I bled a lot but not through any pad and no need to change any pants. Passed a few clots on toilet but was like a period but they were larger. I stopped wearing pads about week later but had some brown discharge when I wiped after peeing.

I had no meds during birth or after of any sort. I was given numbing cream but never used that either.

With my son, I had an easy recovery. He was born with a ventouse which required an episiotomy and stitches, but I was up and about an hour after birth with no pain. I was sore for a few days, but didn't require any creams or numbing sprays of any sort, not even ice. I wore maternity pads (which you can buy from the baby aisle in the supermarket) for a few weeks, and didn't leak much. I had no after pains. Kept getting offered pain relief on the post natal ward, but never needed it.

I hope I'm that lucky this time! :hissy:

Also i was never told so c a me as a bit of a shock but had ibuprofen and paracetamol suppositories popped in my bum after delivery (had ventouse and episiotomy with no pain relief)

I had an epi that wore out before I gave birth. Still a little numb but I felt the birth. The worst part was the post natal massage on my uterus to slow the bleeding after placenta was delivered. Couldn't walk on my own afterwards so I had to sit for AN HOUR while the nurse tidied up. I wanted to scream at her to let me shower and get clean so family could come in.

When I finally got all cleaned up, I wore big mesh undies and a super pad. It was like a really heavy period (I was used to that) Every hour I would replace the pad with a newborn diaper that had been partially filled with water and frozen to help with the swelling. THIS WAS AMAZING. The hospital also gave me a bottle of numbing spray. ALSO AMAZING.

The bleeding lasted a couple of weeks. All pads all the time, because I was NOT pushing a tampon up there. I've never used pads so this was an adjustment for me. I always felt like I had to waddle.

My DD was 5lb 15oz and caused little damage. I had a graze that needed 3 stitches. It hurt to pee for a few days (burned). To help this, I peed while using a squirt bottle with warm water over the area mid stream.

At 5 weeks, we tried intercourse. It was like I was being over stretched, a little pinchy feeling, but if we went slow, it was good. I was multi orgasmic at the time. I have to wonder if this was the pain pleasure response?

The only issue I had for a few months was pooping. This whole time I felt like I was pooping out of the side of my butt. Its normal now, but it was REALLY uncomfortable at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->