raw chicken

DJJ

mummy
Reaction score
Im having a lazy saturday afternnon watching tv and Im watching Barefoot Contessa on THe food network. I cant believe this women, shes cooking chicken and has touched the chicken then a potted herb and then a bottle of oil all without washing her hands. If it was me in the kitchen I wash my hands after touching the chicken and before picking up anything else. what about you? Am i too careful, (I dont think you can be too careful with chicken)?

:sick: no you're not. I wear gloves when I work with raw chicken & I remove them when I need to get something, I make sure to use a disinfectant to clean the counter & the kitchen sink when I'm done cleaning/ marinating chicken.

You can eat raw chicken, doesn't necessarily mean you'll get food poisoning. I've seen a programme where certain people actually eat it completly uncooked, I'm sure there's a name for it . Please someone tell me if they know!! They keep it for months too and just delve into it, can't remember fir what reason but I'm going off to you tube to find out!

i have to wash my hands afrer touching chicken too

i have to wash my hands anyway after touching chicken because it's all slimey.. urgggh.

Raw chicken is known as high meat, I think?

I am a complete plastic gloves and dettox gal when it comes to raw meat, especially chook and pork.

I practically treat raw meat like a contaminated surface!

Jamie Oliver does this too I've noticed. That said, maybe it's an editing thing and they cut it out so you get more nice shots of the food.

Me too!

I have to wash my hands after handling any raw meat/fish

I'm not that OTT with it but I do keep a bowl full of hot soapy water and rinse my hands after touching it every time and after I've rubbed stuff into it.

I wash my hands after touching raw meat always. Can never be too careful! Always anti bac sides before and after too!

I'm the same I wash religiously in between touching raw meat and anything else!!
I noticed the same on an Irish cooking show I was watching the other day and the guy was pawing a raw turkey and then wiping his hands in a tea towel and when he eventually actually washed his hands he dried them with the same towel!!!! :sick:

Its basic food hygiene to wash your hands after touching any meat.

I couldn't do anything BUT wash my hands after that? Imagine potting a herb afterwards..all the soil stuck to your chicken slime hands :sick: And then the oil...leaving it there forever?

Eww...hasn't she watched the 'illuminous germs' advert?! Silly woman.

I act like I have some toxic poison on my hands until I wash them after touching chicken :lol:

Ooh no im quite obsessive over it, especially if I'm looking after Charlie straight after I worry about transferring it somehow something it's been in contact with I've missed or something! It's so risky..

i wash my hands after handling any raw meat, habbit from working with fish & meat almost every day as job.

they do tend to cut out the hand washing on cookery progs. x

I'm the same, i always fill the washing up bowl with hot soapy water before touching chicken/meat and then wash my hands straight after. x

I always wash my hands immediately after touching any raw meat. Perhaps the hand-washing on the show was just edited out?

I always wash my hands and spray the surfaces each time. I have accidently eaten raw chicken...i bought a chicken wrap from the shop i worked in and discovered the chicken inside was RAW!!!

i was fine, i freaked out though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->