Re-usable training pants?

Nic1107

Mommy to a toddler
Reaction score
We're pretty far off from potty training yet, but I've decided I'm definitely going to go the re-usable route when it comes to training pants, since they're closer to regular underpants and will help her feel wetness better than something like Pull-Ups or other sposies would.
I just have a couple of dumb questions so I can go in a bit more prepared:

*These pants don't come with liners I think, so how many pairs had I ought to get?
*Any brand preferences or suggestions, or ones that really aren't that great that I shouldn't bother with?
*What happens if she poops?
*At what point during potty training would I introduce them, and would it be beneficial to switch to re-usable infant nappies for awhile first to get used to them?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Im looking at reusable potty training pants at the moment as i have on child showing signs of readyness for potty training,

I think you mean inserts when you say liners ie... an absorbant layer rather than a liner to prevent wettness getting to the skin or to catch poo.

from what i have understood with training pants then you need quite a few pairs as you change everytime there is an accident or your child wets them lol, and you use inserts according to your preference for the amount of absorbancy you want and you buy them seperately

One of the best washable trainers we have found are Pockets Bots (Not to be confused with pocket Tots!) They are a pull up pocket nappy, which also pops off, so can be easily removed in the case of horrible accidents! You can use as much or as little absorbency as you need. I would suggest that you probably only would need maybe 3-4 pairs, as you can just rinse them through by hand, in the case of an accident, and they dry quite quickly. You would need more inserts than that though, as the inserts take time to dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->