Reaching out for support/Introduction

txbabyhopes

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum. I'm a mom of a 2 year-old son, and before him had a tubal pregnancy. Those two pregnancies were each conceived in 4 months or less of trying. 1st preg was tubal (lost the tube) and 2nd was my son delivered via C-section. My dh and I have always wanted 4 children, now we are just hoping for 1 or maybe 2 more. We have been trying for more than a year with no success of conceiving again. I am finishing up my first cycle on clomid/hcg shot, and I am a basket-case. Truly, though I was already a basket-case over the anxiety of trying for so long.

My local friends are other moms in my 2 plagygroups, and half of each playgroup (maybe more in the larger one) is currently pregnant. I hear a new preg announcement almost weekly lately. I feel so alone, and no infertility group wants someone around who has a baby, esp one conceived easily.

I just don't know how much more I can take. I am out of my mind, but unwilling to give up the hope for more children (and fast - age is starting to be an issue, adding to the anxiety). If it weren't for my son, I'm not sure I could make it through each day, and even that is difficult. I'm going crazy, and my instinct is to want to crawl into a hole, so I'm reaching out for support here because many of my well-meaning friends think that "relaxing" and "not trying" are the sure-fire solution (i.e. it's my fault). They really have no idea. If there is a real problem, then all the "relaxing" in the world won't get you pregnant! I have my first RE appt next week.

Thanks.

I am here. I feel exactly that same. I conceived quickly and easily in 2009 and had a wonderful and healthy pregnancy. A second quick conception when my DD was 10 months, but big shock - we miscarried and haven't been able to conceive since. It's so hard when everyone around is on baby number two. All the family and friends comments about "it's time for #2!" or "your DD could use a little friend!" really sting.
No one seems to think it's a big deal, I know they are just trying to stay upbeat for my sake but like you say, all the relaxing in the world won't help if it wasn't meant to be.My daughter keeps me going, but after she's in bed I am so sad.
These forums are good, lots of support. Just wanted you to know that someone out there is listening and feeling for you!! Big hugs.

THANKS! I know exactly what you mean about the sadness after the little one is in bed. That's the worst time for me, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->