Reading matter

Creative

Reaction score
When I was contemplating whether to go ahead with my daughters homebirth 12 years ago, I was recommended the Sheila Kitzenger book on homebirth and it turned out to be the most amazing read, indeed it became my inspiration and help and answered all the questions I had. I went ahead with the homebirth, had the most amazing team supporting me through it.
It's now twelve years later and I am coming up 7 weeks pregnant at 43. I am hoping that the maternity services will back me for another homebirth this time.
I've just ordered myself a copy of Sheila's book, but wondered if anyone has any other books on the subject that they feel has a really great uderstanding of the situation.

I found Ina May Gaskins Guide To Childbirth to be totally inspiring. I have just started on Nicky Wessons Homebirth book but can't comment yet as I'm only a couple of pages in.:flower:

I ordered the Ina May book. It arrived yesterday so I was reading it on the tube today. It was making me laugh and cry and people were staring. :blush:

I've heard the Kitzenger book is good too. Maybe I'll read that next. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->