Ready to give in

mum 2 three

2boys and 1 lil princess
Reaction score
We have been using cloth for 3 months now and have had no problems until shannon started walking 2 weeks ago since then we have had nothing but leaks I've done everything fastened them tighter looser strip wash incase of build up of powder and still it's happening I'm at the end of my tether I don't know what else to try help me x x x

Is she out-weeing them? If so, maybe try adding some extra boosters in, to see if they hold longer.

Or is it a case of them not fitting right now she is moving around? In which case i have no idea, i only have experience with a baby that wriggles on the floor :wacko: hope someone else can help x

No she's not out weeing them I have to use two inserts in my pockets and a full booster set in my ittis because she's a heavy wetter anyway they go on fine but when she starts walking they just seem to not fit right once she starts moving x

So if she doesn't move around, like during a nap, they don't leak?

Apart from ittis, what nappies are you using? Some have more flexible elastic than others e.g. I find Flips more stretchy and move better with LO's legs than Cushies or pockets. Generally I find nappies that have a seperate outer or wrap work better with a moving LO than nappies where you stuff inserts in pockets because the material around the legs (the wrap) is thinner than when it has a pocket. It could also be that LO has just grown a bit so you're not getting as good a fit anymore. If you have something like a Flip wrap, or any other kind of wrap, you could put that over the top of the nappies (even ones that are waterproof) to provide an extra layer of protection while she grows back into them.

No when she's still and sleeping they don't leak it's just when she's walking around which is pretty much all the time now I use ittis bg v3 and fuzzi bunz and a few eBay cheapies they are all pockets and sio because I have a quick rotation they are the ones that dry quickest for me x x

have you tried shortening the rise of the nappies again? I had to do this as Q's shape changed a few months ago and we were getting leg leaks.

i was going to suggest a 2 part system, similar to rachelc because then you have a much better leak barrier. Flips are a fab fab idea! i'd give them a go before giving up all together :) you should have no problem selling on the ones you have for a more suitable stash. Also, ittis tend to leak for lots of folk, i think the tuttos are pretty leak proof

Ok I really don't want to give up because I love using cloth so much so I'm going on holiday at end of the week so I'm gonna have a break and as much as I don't want to use spossies while I'm away then come back and start again so I'm gonna try fitters can some one help me out it's like starting all over again because I haven't a clue what I need or how to use them x x

Honestly I wouldn't buy a whole new load of nappies as it really sounds like she's grown a bit so that the nappies you've got aren't fitting quite right, or they've always been like that but you hadn't realised cos she wasn't moving around much. Although I assume she was crawling before she walked? Could it be that as she's now walking, her legs have slimmed down a bit so the nappies don't fit right?

I'd be more inclined to buy a couple of wraps for now and put them over your current nappies so you'd be using them like a fitted and wait a few weeks. Then try them again without the wraps and see if she's grown a bit more so they fit again. Basically, fitteds are just shaped nappies that aren't waterproof, so you put them on like normal and then add a wrap over the top. I would also try boosting your current nappies more. You said that she's a heavy wetter so you already boost them, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't outwee them still. As babies get older, they start holding their wee in for longer and releasing it all at once, so the nappy gets flooded quickly rather than little and often. If your nappies don't fit quite right and they're not quite absorbant enough, you would get leaks.

Thanks Hun il try the wraps first then and see how we get on x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->