REAL food?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
For those of you who started with purees and aren't doing BLW, when did you start introducing REAL food?

We're having a slight issue in my house because I'm trying to give her things like pieces of sweet potato and toast, etc and my mother thinks thats the most god awful thing she's ever heard a person do. If we went according to her, she'd be eating purees until she's 2, but I'm just wondering when you started real food?

almost immediately after getting Hannah onto 3 meals a day...so by 6 months old at the latest. Started with toast and bananas and worked our way up.

sounds like you're doing the right thing hun :hugs:

Around 6 - 7 months. Now at 9 months Helena will eat anything. Like she ate a bowl of lasagna the other day and some naan yesterday.

I would go ahead and try it now. Its because our moms are old school :rofl: My mom is always like WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING HER but then she was all excited because she made the lasagna lol.

Basically I did what Vickie did, just a month behind, as I found Helena wasn't ready for it.

We started from around 6 months too, and then 'real' foods like pasta with sauce etc. just before 8 months. You know your baby best, just go with what you think is right!!

Around 6 - 7 months. Now at 9 months Helena will eat anything. Like she ate a bowl of lasagna the other day and some naan yesterday.

I would go ahead and try it now. Its because our moms are old school :rofl: My mom is always like WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING HER but then she was all excited because she made the lasagna lol.

This is exactly what she does. She actually walked out of the house and went into the yard the first time I gave her toast.

:hugs: My mom always questions what I give Hannah as it's going to give her a stomach ache :roll: I just tell her that Hannah's had it before and been fine

my mom is th4e same as all of the above!

my mum's exactly the same! at first she was like,s he cant eat that! she actually shouted at me cos i was going to give her a slice of cold roast beef the other week! now she's spent more time with her tho, she knows her limits a bit better. she was giving her things like grated cheese last night when we were having tea. i remember my sister having roast dinners pureed, i think up til about 2 or somethin, cos i was 5 when she was born and my memories at that age are quite hazy, so she must have been older!

now she's having jars of food mainly instead of homemade (i've got hardly any time atm and on holiday last week it was the only option!), they're still funny with lumps! like i'm happy to give her stage 3 jars as they've got a bit more to them, but according to them she's not ready!

anyway, to answer the question - she started having toast and stuff at about 6 months!

My mum is the total opposite, she was trying to give Joseph trifle last time I saw her!! Anyway, I started giving Joseph toast, pieces of carrot, cucumber and apple at about 6 months. Most of it ends up being sucked then thrown but he seems to enjoy it and is really good at getting it in his mouth before he throws it lol. Cucumber seems to be his favourite thing at the moment xx

I give tyler real food now, he just has what we have mashed up a little but still so its quite lumpy!! he's been eating toast, cucumber, bananna, rusks etc.. for a few weeks now. x x

maddi wasn't weaned till 6.5 months, and i've had to be really careful with what she has as she is allergic to potato of all things :dohh: but i think by 8/9months she was trying adult food, and always has a taste of what i'm having too, though i cook her meals seperately and freeze them as she eats much more healthily than us :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->